Accounts Payable Team Member
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Team Member, Accounts Payable
Job Location: UK – Crawley - West Sussex
Job Code: AS20211401-55053
About the role:
L3Harris Crawley are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Team Member to join our busy team based in Crawley. This role will initially be a 3 - 6 month contract.
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Organise regular payment runs and process payments (multi-currency), ensuring accuracy of coding and VAT
- Liaison with suppliers and internal stakeholders across the business
- Matching invoices to PO and goods receipt
- Capable of processing high volumes of Invoices
- All aspects of travel & expense claims/payments
- Query management and issue resolution
- Updating/reviewing supplier records and processing new vendor requests
- Process improvement initiatives
- Ad hoc tasks as required
Essential skills and experience:
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced AP function preferably using SAP
- Good understanding of end-to-end purchase ledger function
- Numerate with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Capable of using IT systems (including Excel) to analyse and review data
- Possess an analytical approach to problem-solving and able to work to deadlines
- Effective communicator, comfortable resolving queries with external and internal stakeholders
- Works well within a team, with a flexible and proactive nature
Note: This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.