Software Support Coordinator
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software Support Coordinator
Job Location: UK –Crawley - West Sussex
Job Code: CS20201707-48019
About the role:
We are looking for a Software Support Coordinator to join our Systems Integration Group based in Crawley. Your role will primarily be supporting the Software Release Managers and will be responsible for undertaking tasks as directed supporting the delivery, configuration, testing and auditing of baseline software to simulators & development rigs. You will work as part of a multi-skilled team, and allocated specific tasks in line with baseline releases & programme schedules.
Core responsibilities will involve, but not be limited to:
- Support of Software Release management activities
- Software deployment to development rigs and support
- Software load building, testing, fault diagnosing and metrics capture
- Software change requirements management and documentation
- Support of Integration activities on development rigs & simulators
- Maintenance support of development rigs
- JIRA administration including updating workflows and ticket allocation
- Maintaining Sharepoint and/or Confluence pages
Key skills and experience:
- Will have shown an aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to use Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to read & write technical English
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimal level of supervision
- Methodical and pays attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and supervisors at all times
- Ability to work under the supervision of another engineer
- Team player, open minded, proactive in moving the company forward
- Displays energy, drive, agility and resilience in achieving work-related goals
- Flexibility in working hours as required to meet programme needs
- Able to work effectively when under pressure
- Competent with JIRA including administration
- Familiar with Sharepoint and Confluence desirable
- Familiar with AGILE processes desirable
- Familiar with DevOps desirable
Qualification and educational requirements:
- Suitable A-levels or above or equivalent (with mathematics, science or engineering content preferably) or a minimum 2 years appropriate experience in industry
- Note: This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.