Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Software Engineer - Diagnostics Systems
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software Engineer - Diagnostics Systems
Job Location: UK – Crawley, West Sussex
Job Code: AS20212807-66276
About the role:
L3Harris Training Systems play a key role on delivering the L3Harris Commercial Aviation Solutions mantra of ‘Creating Safer Skies’. From our computer-based solutions all the way to our state-of-the-art Full Flight Simulators (FFS), improving the training experiencing and creating safer skies is at the heart of everything we do. Our Fixed Training Devices (FTD) and FFS feature aircraft-specific flight decks, offering the form, fit, feel, and function of the actual aircraft. Our airline pilot training systems cover the complete training spectrum, whether its systems knowledge, procedure training or jet transition we have the solutions for your airline.
As a Software Engineer, you will be joining the Simulation Technologies & Infrastructure Chapter in the Software Engineering department. You will be responsible for undertaking tasks as directed associated with configuring, customising, maintaining, supporting, modifying and developing the Diagnostics Systems on our flight training simulators. You will be working as part of a multi-skilled team and allocated specific tasks in line with project schedules.
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Software configuration, customisation, maintenance, support, modification and development
- Analysis of hardware systems and associated interfaces
- Support of Integration, Validation and Verification activities on simulators
- Support of Software Baseline Management activities
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- The diagnostics system uses a proprietary software tool that was developed in-house, this tool uses a programming language that is similar to C, so some exposure to or experience of the C programming language syntax and constructs would be beneficial; please note that this is not a C programmer / developer role
- The diagnostics system also uses Perl scripts so some exposure to or experience of Perl scripting would be beneficial
- Experience of use of software configuration management systems such as Git would be beneficial
- Ability to extract information from technical documentation such as schematic diagrams and OEM programming manuals
- An aptitude for problem solving
- Ability to use Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to read & write technical English
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimal level of supervision from another engineer
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers and supervisors at all times
- Team player, open minded, proactive in moving the company forward
- Displays energy, drive, agility, and resilience in achieving work-related goals
- Able to work on customer sites, typically overseas for periods ranging from 1 week up to 2 weeks
- Flexibility in working hours as required to meet project needs
- Able to work effectively when under pressure
Qualification and educational requirements:
- A suitable degree or equivalent (with mathematics, science or engineering content) or a minimum 2 years appropriate experience in industry.
Note: This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.