Simulator Integration and Verification Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Simulator Integration and Verification Engineer
Job Location: UK – Crawley - West Sussex
Job Code: AS202011401-55043
About the role:
We are looking for a Simulator Integration and Verification Engineer to join our System Integration Team in Crawley. You will work with and support the Programme Manager for all aspects of programme engineering. Responsible, on a given programme, for ensuring that the delivered device meets the engineering requirements of the customer. You will work with the Software Release Manger (SRM) to generate the set of requirements for presentation at the technical launch, and then manage their delivery to the programme. You will be responsible for the engineering management of the device from HSI to the end of post-RFT programme delivery closure, manage internal independent testing and evaluation and customer acceptance in-house and on-site. You will also assist the Software Release Mangers (SRMs) in providing software baseline management of the aircraft product lines.
Our Simulator Integration and Verification Engineer will ensure that the tools on the device have been updated or will update them themselves and ensures that the latest customer software bundles are installed on the device.
Core responsibilities will involve, but not be limited to:
- Working with and supporting the Programme Manager for all programme engineering aspects
- Agreeing engineering deliverables and milestones from internal/external suppliers, and tracking progress
- Defining/tailoring checklist tasks
- Defining and managing integration & test plans
- Installing latest software loads and managing local configuration software layer
- Managing the testing against the plan, ensuring the quality of the final deliverables
- Defining and maintaining a resource plan for the programme delivery (HSI onwards)
- Producing a weekly engineering management report, and presenting status at programme reviews as required
- Holding phase TRRs from HSI onwards.
- Conducting ITE to prove the acceptability of the simulator as a training device
- Conducting IPA in Crawley factory
- Conducting integration activities on customer site
- Conducting OSA with the customer on customer site
- Supporting certification with regulatory authorities on customer site
- Ensuring ADR closure plans are in place and actioned to ensure closure by RFT+90
- Instigating root cause analysis & problem solving corrective actions against problems found
Essential skills and experience:
- At significant technical experience in aircraft simulation, preferably with experience of specific aircraft product line
- A demonstrably high degree of technical expertise, problem solving skills, and innovation for areas of high complexity on novel developments
- Experience of development lifecycles, systems engineering, formal testing, and verification & validation.
- Experience of real time software programming and integration
- The ability to be recognized as a subject matter expert in an aircraft product line.
- A demonstrable ability to perform as a lead engineer on a development
- Strong leadership, communication and inter-personal skills
Additional knowledge and skills:
- Experience of modern computers and software including PC's, Windows, current company standard office software, and planning software.
- Experience of configuration management, change control, requirements management, risk management, estimating and peer reviews
- Experience of supporting process improvement activities and standards such as ISO 9001
- Able to undertake periods of shift work
- Able to work on customer sites, typically overseas, for periods ranging from 1 week to 12 weeks
- Flexible with working hours as required to meet programme needs
- Able to work effectively when under pressure
Qualification and educational requirements:
- A suitable degree or equivalent (with maths, science or engineering content), or significant appropriate experience in industry.
Note: This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.