Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Full Stack Developer
Crawley, United KingdomJob ID IMS20221305-82313
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Full Stack Developer
Job Location: UK – Crawley – West Sussex
Job ID: IMS20221305-82313
About the role:
The main purpose of this role is to support our digital transformation journey and we are looking for someone to provide critical support to our Software Development Team as an ASP.NET, .NET Core Developer. Reporting to the IT Manager, the role is best suited to someone who is able to work on projects that are crucial to the operational effectiveness of the company. These projects will be based upon C# and VB.NET, Angular12, MVC & web form application development, using IIS and SQL databases.
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Deliver high quality functional software within agreed timescales.
- Collaborate with a team to prepare designs, estimates and functional specifications.
- Maintain quality through code and document reviews.
- Participate in Agile based meetings to ensure iterations are well defined, planned and delivered
- Investigate software/system faults and devise solutions to these problems
- Review team & iteration performance to identify improvements to future deliveries
- Work with product owners to establish user requirements.
- Quality check all builds / revisions prior to release.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience supporting and developing in an Azure Cloud environment is essential.
- Strong analytic skills, strategic vision, and logical approach to problem solving.
- Strong Transact SQL skills and experience of programming complex Stored Procedures working with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience creating/maintaining web sites on Internet Information Services
- Knowledge of performing test driven development.
- Understands the Agile software development lifecycle and working knowledge of SCRUM
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment, and be a highly organized individual with the ability to multi-task and have a high attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of design patterns and Object Orientated Design.
- Full development life cycle experience.
- Strong knowledge of refactoring, including improving the design of existing code.
- Experience in large, complex system implementation projects.
- Autonomous and proactive in solving problems.
- Clear and concise documentation skills.
- Team Leadership skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to gather user requirements and give project updates.
- Quality assurance with code, functionality and interface reviews before deployment.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Azure DevOps
- GIT source control
- Build / Release definitions
- Agile (Sprints, Kanban)
- Code Reviews / Pull requests
- CI / CD Continuous Integration / Continuous deployment
- Azure Infrastructure
- App Service
- Azure Functions
- Storage Containers
- IaaS (Infastructure as a service)
- Message Queues
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection, Private Health Care and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free parking
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
Please note: L3Harris Commercial Aviation does not provide a visa sponsorship for this role. All candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws