Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Senior Electrical Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Location: UK – Crawley – West Sussex
Job Code: AS20211211-72589
L3Harris Training Systems play a key role on delivering the L3Harris Commercial Aviation Solutions mantra of ‘Creating Safer Skies’. From our computer based solutions all the way to our state-of-the-art Full Flight Simulators (FFS), improving the training experiencing and creating safer skies is at the heart of everything we do. Our Fixed Training Devices (FTD) and FFS feature aircraft-specific flight decks, offering the form, fit, feel, and function of the actual aircraft.
As a member of the training systems team, you will work on a varied range of projects and programs, using the latest technology over a full range of training products from full flight simulators to hand held devices. Our Crawley site covers all business processes and functions so you will engage with all aspects of the product life cycle, see R&D concepts progress to engineering realisation and manufacturing completion area through to customer handover, thereby making a real difference on a daily basis to our processes and customer outcomes.
About the role:
- Reporting into the Hardware Engineering Management team, you will join a small team of electrical and mechanical engineers responsible for the development, evolution and support of our exciting range of Aircraft Simulators and other pilot training devices.
- The role would suit a proactive, experienced, and dynamic electrical engineer, with a broad range of knowledge, motivated by the challenges of developing accurate designs within tight timescales and budgets.
- Our products involve a large range of technologies in a range of products, including electronics, power systems, electromechanical assemblies and computer systems. An engineer with a wide skill base or a desire to develop.
- The successful applicant will need to work effectively with both internal and external stakeholders, having an ability to quickly grasp complex engineering issues and subsequently provide commercially viable solutions. These solutions will require consideration for the product as a whole, taking into account the production, test and integration processes alongside customer requirements such as minimised downtime, effective diagnostics and future upgradability
- You will be expected to communicate effectively both at peer level and to wider audiences to present engineering solutions in a clear, open manner, allowing the business to make informed decisions.
- Work well within and team and on own initiative, whilst being able to assist with the development of other team members.
- You will be expected to manage and control certain aspects/designs of our products including baselines and roadmaps.
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Working from specifications (both internal and customer lead) you will develop both novel solutions and modify existing designs without supervision
- You are expected to deliver engineering tasks in an accurate, timely, budget-compliant and complete manner, taking account of applicable standards and departmental and company processes
- Propose and generate innovative solutions to reduce cost as well as in response to new opportunities and existing issues. Uphold our continuous improvement approach
- Creation of Multilevel System Diagrams, Design documentation and Bills of Materials
- Effectively manage your time to ensure that work is completed efficiently, taking responsibility for own actions and decisions
- Switch between multiple tasks at short notice according to immediate priorities (as directed)
- Proactively suggest potential improvements to departmental and wider processes to help drive improvement and efficiency
- Demonstrate a willingness to take a hands on approach to supporting other departments such as manufacturing, test and commissioning as required
- Provide regular status updates to supervisor(s) as required
- Using the company MRP systems to access information (e.g. SAP, Oracle)
- Lead both outsource engineering & supplier activities as required during deployments
- Seek to expand your knowledge and experience beyond your immediate discipline as opportunities arise
- Mentoring and development of junior staff
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified or equivalent, or several years of directly relevant experience
- Chartered engineer or working towards the same, being able to demonstrate the motivation to achieve professional accreditation following suitable training and experience
- Several years’ experience in Automotive, Aerospace, Simulation or similar industries.
- Good understanding of design for manufacturing and product life cycle.
- Experience using Electrical CAD and MRP systems.
- Either a wide knowledge base, ideally including electromechanical systems, cable design, computer systems, and a knowledge of IO systems, or a proven desire to learn new subject areas
- Strong attention to detail and motivation to minimise error, change and rework.
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of Aircraft systems and interfaces, such as ARINC, is advantageous
- Experience of current Computer Aided Design tools. Experience in the Mentor Graphics Capital toolset would be advantageous
- Competitive salary
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection, Private Health Care and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free parking
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsided staff restaurant
Note: This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws