Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Global Sales Director - After Market
Crawley, United KingdomJob ID IMS20221005-82075
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Global Sales Director, Aftermarket
Job Code: IMS20221005-82075
Job Location: UK - Crawley - West Sussex
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Global Sales Director who will be responsible for aftermarket business development and sales delivery for L3Harris Commercial Aviation Solutions (CAS) Training Systems worldwide aftermarket products and services.
- The sucessful candidate must have the competence and conscientiousness to build sales capture strategies to meet and exceed the CAS aftermarket sales target through the sale of the Training Systems (simulators and training devices) products and services portfolio in their region. They must be exemplary team players and be able to set accountabilities for themselves and within the team whilst holding others to account for their commitments. They must be able to create a performance driven culture amongst the sales team and have the grace and interpersonal skills to inspire and motivate their colleagues to exceed expectations. They will have the proven ability to manage and build relationships with C-Suite representatives of aerospace companies, airlines and pilot training centers. The candidate is expected to be self-sufficient and work under limited guidance to exercise strategic and independent judgment and self-direction in managing priorities and have the ability to coordinate and fulfil competing goals, tasks, projects and customers simultaneously. Domestic and international travel will be required in the role and the option to work from home 2 days a week is available. The remaining 3 days of the week wil be based at our London Training Centre in Crawley West Sussex.
- Establish and execute effective AM sales strategies and programs aimed at driving customer satisfaction, sales growth, product service, optimizing distribution channels, pricing, and personnel development programs (including training, representative/customer meetings, marketing campaigns)
- Define and execute the capture strategy for all AM opportunities. Manage the bids ‘Gate’ process including Price to Win (PTW) and the approval of walkaway pricing
- Collaborate with Engineering to define and agree engineering scoping of hours and cost to deliver solutions to meet customers’ requirements
- Follow up with customers to ensure the timely placement of aftermarket and services contracts and orders
- Ensure all AM proposals go out in advance of customer stipulated proposal date and ensure follow up orders are in place by the renewal anniversary
- Ensure timely and effective mitigation strategies to address assessed risk profiles with respect to cost and revenue
- Support AM negotiations in partnership with Regional sales directors
- Identify, research, and contact prospective customers and build positive relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business
- Respond to customer concerns about the company and its products
- Accountable for ensuring orders are entered into the CRM system and Source of Truth (SoT)
- Work closely with Regional Sales Managers and CAS demand models to developing specific sales campaigns custom-tailored solutions for airlines and operators
- Provide input in to the Service strategy for CAS with the aim of delivering revenue and EBITA growth year on year
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced excel and analysis skills to identify market trends
- A skilled presenter through use of PowerPoint in the presentation of bids
- Experience of bidding development programs such as data analytics services
The chosen candidate will work within a matrix organization with local divisions’ (Phoenix, AZ; Grand Rapids, MI, Burnsville, MN, St Petersburg, FL and Crawley, UK, ) cross-functional teams providing leadership in the implementation of the growth strategies for the commercial market including, account management, pricing recommendations and tactical activities. Domestic and international travel is required (40% travel).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or must possess equivalent industry experience
- MBA is helpful
- 12 years related experience in sales and services including customer facing experience
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Vizio, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook are required
- Commercially driven and energized sales professional who operates with a sense of urgency and bias for action.
- Demonstrated and proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets through effective prospecting, relationship building, problem solving, solution development and negotiating
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal, must be very articulate
- Must be a high energy, resourceful and a creative thinker
- Must have experience with selling commercial-off-the-shelf (“COTS”) products & aftermarket services to airline and OEM customers
- Ability to effectively manage all stages of the sales cycle (forecasting, matching solutions and value propositions, developing solicitations, requests for information, source-approval-requests, bids & proposals, building customer rapport, negotiating and ability to close the deal)
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection, Private Health Care and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free parking
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
Please note: L3harris Commercial Aviation do not provide a visa sponsorship for this role. All candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered.
Note: This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws