Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Flight Safety Manager
Cranfield, United KingdomJob ID IMS20222306-84983
What makes a successful team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
A dynamic market environment combined with pioneering technology and a collaborative team, makes every day interesting and engaging.Thomas, Program Finance Manager, Crawley, UK
L3Harris Work Perks
- Private medical insurance and group life assurance
- Benefit allowance to help you pay for insurance
- Options for dental and critical illness coverage as well as a health cash plan and gym membership
- Employee and Family discount programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Optional partner life assurance
- Generous annual holiday allowance
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Employee assistance programme to provide advice and guidance on finance, mental health, and more
- Casual “dress for your day” policy
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Flight Safety Manager
Job Code: IMS20222306-84983
Job Location: UK – Cranfield - Bedfordshire
About the role:
The Flight Safety Manager reports to the Director Safety & Security and indirectly to the UK ATO Accountable Manager. The position is responsible for the management of the UK ATO safety management system, in collaboration with overseas academy safety teams.
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Manage the Flight Data Program, driving a strategic phased rollout across all L3 Harris CTS flight academy sites.
- Oversight and management of local Flight Data Monitoring, including assessment of data in accordance with approved protocols and initiating investigations when required.
- Maintain an effective safety reporting system, ensuring occurrence reports are processed in a timely manner, investigated and communicated appropriately
- Drive the development of the L3Harris CTS Safety Management System (SMS) within Airline Academy, ensuring compliance with current national requirements and ATO, FSTD and Maintenance approvals.
- Ensure continuous improvement to reporting rates and safety management, aligned with corporate safety plan, objectives and key performance indicators.
- Completing safety investigations, reviews, audits, managing their outcome, whilst ensuring findings are communicated effectively and mitigations are managed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Establishment and maintenance of common aviation safety standards across L3Harris CTS, improving communications through ‘All Hands’ meetings
- Maintain local ERP and BCP plans, ensuring they are effective, implemented and regularly tested
- Distribution and maintenance of the SMM, on behalf of the Accountable Manager
- Preparation, maintenance and delivery of aviation safety training materials, appropriate to support the nature of current operations
- Collation and oversight of safety data, identifying and communicating concerns and trends to the appropriate stakeholders
- Maintain oversight of third-party supplier safety management
- Providing periodic reports on the L3Harris CTS safety management performance to divisional leadership
- Assist the Accountable Manager and Director Safety & Security in scheduling the monthly Safety Action Group (SAG)
- Conduct annual safety survey, communicating results to executives and key stakeholders.
- Acting as the primary aviation safety point of contact with regulators.
- Performing/facilitating hazard identification and risk analysis, with ownership of the local hazard register
- Monthly publication of the SafetyFirst newsletter.
- Control and distribution of Safety Notices to Crew, via the Training Policy Group.
- Conduct Safety and Human Factors Training.
- Represent L3Harris on Flight Safety Committee and Airspace Working Groups when required
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Must hold a formal qualification in Aviation Safety Management and Accident Investigation
- Must have a minimum of 5 years working within aviation flight operations
- Having previously held an EASA Form 4 postholder position is advantageous
- In depth knowledge of Flight Data Monitoring Programs
- Previous experience working with Safety Management Software Systems
- Auto Enrolment pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group Income Protection, Private Health Care and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts with cinemas, travel, major retailers, family days out and much more
- Hybrid working opportunities
- Free parking
- Cycle to Work scheme
Please note: L3harris Commercial Aviation do not provide a visa sponsorship for this role. All candidates who wish to apply for this vacancy must have the right to work in the UK in order to be considered.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.