Sr Spec, Project Management
Columbia, MarylandJob ID SAS20210901-54882
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Project Management
Job Code: SAS20210901-54882
Job Location: Columbia, MD
Job Description: L3Harris Technologies is seeking a self-motivated Project Manager to join our project management team to deliver mission critical solutions for a variety of customers at our Columbia, MD location.
Oversees and manages internal and/or external operational aspects of ongoing projects within a program. External aspects require leadership and broad expertise across a multitude of disciplines. Internal aspects may include leading a subset of the project’s scope, or interface between project management and planning, project team, and line management. Influences the adoption of practices, approaches and concepts across multiple disciplines. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Develops and implements mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Work as the project lead responsible for cost and schedule while guiding a multi-disciplined team in the development of high-density electronic systems with embedded firmware and software, including all aspects of product design from concept through manufacturing.
- Actively participate and guide the design efforts and manufacture of surface mount printed wiring board assemblies, flexible circuits, plastic and metal enclosures as well as embedded antenna sub-systems.
- Generate Work Breakdown Structures for new projects
- Create and maintain detailed project plans using Microsoft Project
- Leverage technical background to identify and manage project Technical Risks
- Work closely with Engineering and Operations to oversee cost/schedule execution of the task and resolution of technical issues as they arise
- Monitor product/project from initiation through completion and/or customer acceptance
- Execute Projects within Cost and Schedule constraints while meeting all technical requirements
- Manage schedule and delivery of contract deliverables
- Active Secret clearance
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and prior Engineering, or another technical field and at least 9 plus years of engineering, program management or operations experience
- 2+years experience using MS Project
- 6+ years of experience as a project lead using Earned Value Methodology
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with products incorporating complex electronic assemblies
- Project Management Professional Certification
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.