Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Integration & Test Engineer (TS/SCI w/ CI Poly)
Columbia, MarylandJob ID SAS20211811-73050
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: System Integration & Test Engineer (TS.SCI w/Poly)
Job Code: SAS20211811-73050
Job Location: Columbia, MD
L3Harris Technologies is seeking a self-motivated Integration & Testing Engineer to join our Integration & Test team to deliver mission critical solutions for a variety of customers at our Columbia, MD location.
We are seeking an experienced professional Integration/Test Engineer with hardware/systems testing experience for our office in Columbia, MD. The successful candidate will assist with all aspects of test in support of a mission critical effort and will be responsible for developing evaluation and test plans/procedures, executing test procedures, and documenting/communicating results and analysis to both internal and external groups. The Engineer will coordinate with the test lead and other technical and program project staff to identify and capture defects, troubleshoot and resolve testing issues, and ensure conformance of products to specifications. The Engineer will support the successful development and execution of Government test and evaluation processes. This position will require critical thinking skills to debug, analyze and verify products meet functional and performance requirements.
Responsibilities include though are not limited to the following:
- Create and maintain test artifacts, including test plans, test procedures, test vectors, and defect reports
- Execute tests and assist with reporting on testing status, including metrics on defects and testing progress
- Support the test lead with test readiness through training of test event participants, acquisition/maintenance of necessary resources including equipment & facilities, and documentation/control of plans, procedures, readiness reports, etc.
- Support the design of data sampling schemes and assist in developing/improving testing methodologies & tools
- Participate in Test & Evaluation WIPT/Integrated Test Teams
- Assist more junior test engineers through completion of test activities
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Active TS/SCI with Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph, US Government security clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong Hardware/Electronics test/troubleshooting experience
- Strong experience with electronic test equipment
- Ability to automate test procedures and data analysis activities
- Experience as a mentor for more junior engineers
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently or with general guidance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform