Tehcnical Support Engineer - BSOC Wideband Signals Analyst (BWSA)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Technical Support Engineer - BSOC Wideband Signals Analyst (BWSA)
Job Code: SAS20203006-47194
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
The Battalion SATCOM Operations Center (BSOC) Wideband Signals Analyst (BWSA) will be proficient in the duties of the Transmission Controller position at the Army’s Wideband SATCOM Operations Centers (WSOC). The BWSA provides oversight and monitoring of the Wideband SATCOM Operations and Management System Network (WSOMSNet) and engages Wideband SATCOM Operations Centers (WSOC) to maintain situational awareness of Wideband MILSATCOM’s space-based assets and ground control infrastructure status. The contractor in the BSOC will report operational and maintenance issues to 53D Signal Bn Commander and S3 Staff. The BWSA utilizes the DOSS, CNPS, WRMS, and GTC3S as the primary tools to perform their oversight and monitoring tasks. The BWSA coordinates through the Senior TS SME and appropriate agencies.
The BWSA will take daily direction from the Senior TC SME but will report to the L3Harris site manager for all corporate functions.
The BWSA’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain Situational Awareness of all activities related to the 5 WSOCs
- Be familiar with and follow all Transmission Controller Operating Instructions contained in the Wideband Controllers Guide (WCG).
- Review the Control Change Queue in CNPS; document changes to CNPS plans,
- Perform Mission Planning duties on WGS and DSCS satellites in a backup role as necessary
- Verify the performance of transmission links for all assigned satellites by using the WRMS
- Analyze appropriate 8-Hour Reports to verify transmission and terminal performance and status
- Engage with WSOCs to perform adjustments necessary to achieve established operating parameters
- Assist WSOC in identifying, troubleshooting, and eliminating anomalous transmission and payload conditions
- Report operational and maintenance issues to 53D Signal Battalion Commander and S3 Staff
- Perform all required reporting to the appropriate agencies
- Review the Hazardous Condition (HAZCON) Log using DIMS
- Complete and submit DORs in accordance with the applicable guidance
- Coordinate enterprise terminal ASIs and emergency outages with appropriate agencies
- Review relevant DIMS Reports daily
- Review alarms for the past 24 hours in WRMS daily
- Complete and submit AARs in accordance with the applicable guidance
- Maintain situational awareness of WSOMS network with SolarWinds
- Oversee circuit testing and direct TMDE setup and use
- Interface with all SME’s and program assets to assist with fault isolation
- Assist with primary troubleshooting and anomaly resolution for all mission system within the 5 WSOC’s
- First level trainer of all systems and subsystems for the BSOC personnel
- Assist with software and hardware installations in the BSOC
- Propagate a culture of safety in all aspects of the job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience, or equivalent
- 4 years’ experience working as a military SATCOM controller
- Current/active Top Secret security clearance required
- Certified WPC and DPC Controller with in the first year of hire date
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Security+ or equivalent vendor certification is preferred
- Experience in the use of IT tools
- Ability to plan, implement, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area enterprise networks.
- Strong enterprise network troubleshooting (Cisco IOS(s), IP routing, EIGRP)
- Strong skill set with Microsoft Office software applications.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 3 certification (e.g. CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, or GCIH)
- Experience implementing patches, scanning, remediating findings, auditing
- Working knowledge of RMF and cybersecurity requirements
- Previous experience supporting DoD/government customers
- Demonstrated ability to work and grow in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Establish and maintain up-to-date cybersecurity configurations based on DISA STIGs and IAVM Notices
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Support critical operations during standard and non-standard working hours
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.