Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20221603-78794
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: System Administrator
Job Code: SAS20221603-78794
Job Location:Colorado Springs, CO
Responsible for the internal or customer administration, maintenance and management of capacity resources for computers at the operating system and infrastructure level. Builds, configures, troubleshoots and integrates new and existing servers to provide service enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades. Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space. Recommends software and hardware enhancements, diagnoses and corrects issues, defines and implements new services with the goal of achieving maximum server uptime and availability for the customers. Responsible for monitoring performance, system usage. Contributes towards the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), backup systems and disk configurations. Conducts system analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies.
- Linux subject matter epertise in configuration, integration and deployment.
- Familiarity with storage appliances and configurations
- Functional in LDAP and IPA.
- Familiarity with VRF/VM configuration and maintance.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), agile system development, and DevSecOps tools and processes.
- Principles of data flows (e.g., TCP/IP, OSI model).
- Experience implementing patches, scanning, remediating findings, auditing.
- Establish and maintain up-to-date cybersecurity configurations based on DISA STIGs and IAVM Notices.
- Determines the nature of equipment failures and notifies the pertinent Analyst and Project Lead to quickly resolve the failure and return the equipment to operational status.
- Support documentation of systems as necessary
- Supports operating system patching in compliance with security policy and procedures.
- Support software deployments to customer sites.
- Travel up to 10%
- Work will be performed on-site. Remote work will be approved when necessary.
- Education:Active Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or minimum of 6 years of prior related experience, or
- Graduate Degree and/or a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- DOD 8570.01M IAT 2 certification is required
Preferred Additional Skills:
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level 3 certification.
- Working knowledge of RMF and cybersecurity requirements.
- Experience supporting DoD/government customers.
- Experience in Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience in disaster recovery and continuity of operations.
- Experience in system sustainment.
- Demonstrated ability to work and grow in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to support critical operations during standard, and on occasion, non-standard working hours.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning tools (ACAS, SCC, etc.).
- Active TS//SCI w/CI poly Security Clearance is desirable.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $73500 - $136500 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.