Sr. Systems Administrator -Secret Clearance
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20210504-59176
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Systems Administrator (Secret Clearance)
Job Code: SAS20210504-59176
Job Location:Colorado Springs, CO
- Configure, monitor, maintain, troubleshoot Linux systems.
- Lead system configuration efforts with Enterprise Identity Management tools (LDAP, IPA, etc.).
- Contribute to efforts that field changes to production systems.
- Detect and address issues that impact projects and implement developed courses of action (COAs) to mitigate or alleviate the impact.
- Recommends and implements engineering design changes required to adapt technical requirements.
- Documents deficiencies affecting performance or effectiveness, as required.
- Generates, collects, redlines, incorporates, and produces system documentation as required.
- Experience with test automation tools (ACAS, SCC, etc.)
- Establish and maintain up-to-date cybersecurity configurations based on DISA STIGs and IAVM Notices
- Support reviews, development, creation, and redline of plant-in-place documentation of tables, specifications, characteristics, schedules, diagrams, rack elevations, and other technical data elements.
- Support critical operations during standard and non-standard working hours.
- Provides support for CCBs/ERBs.
- Willing to work on site to provide system administration support during development and fielding of the system.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience, or Graduate Degree or equivalent with 4 years of prior related experience.
- A Secret Security Clearance is required to start.
- DOD 8570.01M IAT 2 certification is required, or abilityto obtain the certification within first six months of hire date.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in the management of directory services (AD, LDAP), interfaces and middleware.
- System administration experience in support of system security requirements.
- Previous experience supporting DoD/government customers.
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD), DevSecOps, build management, and/or automated test frameworks.
- Hardware/software requirement verification/system validation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work and grow in a dynamic, fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated self-starter - efficient in achieving goals and proactive in pursuing subsequent tasks.
- Top Secret//SCI Security Clearance is highly desired.
- DOD 8570.01M IAT 3 certification is desired
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $71,500- $132,500 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.