Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Specialist, Software Engineer (Secret) Java C++
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20232501-96198
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Sr Specialist, Software Engineer / Java or C++ (Secret Clearance)
Job Code: SAS20232501-96198
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
This is an opportunity to join a great team of talented professionals with world-class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to software engineering and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move, growing in advanced technology areas while continuing the long history of exceptional performance that has earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
As the premier provider of Space Domain Awareness (SDA) mission solutions for the United States Space Force, L3Harris is looking for a candidate to develop the Ground Based Optical Sensor System (GBOSS) for the SDA mission. L3Harris is seeking professionals to work in a dynamic environment to solve challenging technical problems. Individuals will perform optical system software development, design, implementation, and test. The ideal candidate should have experience with the full software development lifecycle. This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO and requires a Secret Security Clearance.
- Performing software component design and development for the GET and MPS subsystems, including updates to legacy Sensor Control Software code written in C++ and leveraging data interfaces for other code modules
- Use DevOps pipelines to perform continuous integration and deployment
- Participate in a development team that uses agile methodologies combined with mature software practices and a technology-supported development infrastructure
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- Experience in Java and C++ and object oriented design concepts in an agile softare deptment process such as scrum or kanban
- Experience with Docker and Puppet
- Experience in developing software for Linux run-time environments, such as Red Hat Linux
- Experience in firmware interface control logic, including timing, order of operations and error handling
- Experience designing complex software based on requirements
- Development skills to include design concepts, supporting code reviews, and clear debugging logic
- Experience in delivery of production software products in fielded environments
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II, IAM Level II, or IASAE Level II or higher certification required – includes Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CASP, CAP, GSLC, CISM, or CSSLP within 60 days
- Secret Security Clearance
Preferred/Desired Additional Skills:
- Experience in the Electro-Optical Space Domain Awareness mission
- Experience with software deployment to Space Force remote compute platforms
- Experience with building and maintaining CI/CD software pipelines
- Experience with development in a virtual machine environment
- Ability to travel (<15%)
- Ability to support late-night development and test efforts
- Strong communication skills through verbal, written and multimedia products
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $87,000 - $162,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.