Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Software Engineering Database Administrator (DBA) - Clearance Level: Top Secret
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20222806-85354
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Specialist Software Engineer / Database Administrator (DBA)
Job Code: SAS20222806-85354
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
As the premier provider of Space Domain Awareness (SDA) mission solutions for the United States Space Force, L3Harris is seeking a Database Administrator to support the Wideband SATCOM Operations Technical Support II (WSOTS 2) program. L3Harris is seeking professionals to work in a dynamic environment to solve challenging technical problems. Individuals will perform database administration, design, implementation, and maintenance. The ideal candidate should have experience with various database systems, database administration, and system administration. This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO, requires a Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI and Security+ certification.
- Serves as a Database Administrator (DBA), providing 24x7x365 shift database support to WSOMS sites, consolidated watch officer, and ARSTRAT SATCOM Engineering and Management.
- Verifies the contents of various databases for each mission system are consistent among the different systems.
- Provides expert knowledge to ensure database integrity, data flow, and replications. Leads database troubleshooting.
- Coordinates contractor troubleshooting efforts across sites with WSOTS II Field Engineers.
- Supports ARSTRAT management with database planning and administration.
- Identifies, evaluates, and recommends improvements to relevant COTS database management and monitoring tools.
- Responsible for performance monitoring, database tuning, identification and correction of performance bottlenecks.
- Collaborates with software engineers, security administration, computer operations, network management, and system administrators to ensure quality and integrity of databases, application software, and data.
- Develops and implements procedures for identification and resolution of complex database-related anomalies.
- Uses demonstrated experience in disaster recovery planning, database replication, backup/recovery, relational database configuration, database security/access control, use of query tools, database script tools, and change management.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
- Active TOP SECRET security clearance with SCI eligible
- Security+ certification
- Experience in database administration with server configuration, performance tuning, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- One or more database certifications required (e.g. Oracle, Postgres, and/or SQL Server).
- Experience with hypervisors
- Experience with DISA STIG (Department of Information Security Administration Security Technical Implementation Guide)
- Experience with the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Windows, RedHat Linux or similar environment
- Experience with the following tools: Active Directory, VMWare ESXi, and PowerShell
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of SATCOM systems is desired.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $73,500 - $135,500. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.