Specialist, Software Engineer
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID 8960
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 50,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Sr. Specialist, Software Engineer – Secret
Job Code: 8960
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
As the premier provider of Space Domain Awareness (SDA) mission solutions for the United States Space Force, L3Harris is looking for a candidate to develop and maintain software for SDA radar systems. L3Harris is seeking professionals to work in a dynamic environment to solve challenging technical problems. This role supports the SDA, Space Command and Control (C2), and Missile Warning/Missile Defense (MW/MD) mission areas. Individuals will perform Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attach Characterization System (PARCS) and Upgraded Early Warning Radar (UEWR) system software development, design, implementation, test, and configuration management. UEWR system software development, design, implementation, test, and configuration management. The ideal candidate should have experience with the full software development lifecycle.
- Perform Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attach Characterization System (PARCS) and Upgraded Early Warning Radar (UEWR) system software development, design, implementation, test, and configuration management.
- Support depot MX team and cybersecurity team as required to assess and conduct software maintenance, deficiency resolution, or new capability software modifications
- Documents software in numerous technical software documents
- Supports testers to develop test cases and procedures
- Knowledge of RADAR and phased array antenna principles are mandatory
- Some travel required to support test activities and fielding activities
- Knowledgeable in the full software development lifecycle from requirements elicitation to deployment
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Meticulous organization of open software tasks
- Work in a team environment to potentially include duties in other technical disciplines
- Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field and 4 -6 years of software experience or Master's degree and 2 years of experience. In lieu of degree, 8 years of software experience.
- 4 -6 years of experience in software development with the C++, Java, assembler, and FORTRAN programming languages
- Active Secret security clearance to start, clearable to TS/SCI
- Experience in software engineering principles and industry best practices, including Agile development
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiar with source code repositories such as GitLab, etc.
- Familiar with agile development and collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $78,000 - $173,500. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
The application window for this requisition is anticipated to close April 30, 2024.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.