Specialist, Software Configuration Management
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20210102-55908
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Specialist, Software Configuration Management
Job Code: SAS20210102-55908
Job Location:Colorado Springs, Colorado
Harris Corporation is seeking an experienced Software Configuration Manager to support the Colorado Springs, CO office to include contribution to development of SWCM Tools.
- Responsible for software configuration management and interfacing daily with the program team with general oversight.
- Involved in the entire software life cycle, including software coding, integration, debugging, and full documentation
- Authorize the release of documents, software builds, and changes specified by Engineering
- Implementation of software configuration management principles in an agile development environment
- Implementation of configuration management tools for issue tracking and version control
- Performs program audits
- Perform software branching activities for each release cycle
- Perform incremental builds, installation and witness test of software and software systems and virtual machines.
- Generate SW Media required for shipments to customer.
- Generate SW Build Procedures and Version Description Documents
- Participate in team software design/code peer reviews for technical and process evaluation.
- Collaborate with team to continuously improve software engineering processes and products
- Contributes to making suggestions for improvement or enhancements to systems and processes to improve performance of job area.
- Master’s Degree with 0-2 years of experience in a technical/DOD area OR a Bachelor with 4+ years of experience OR 6+ years with 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree
- Top Secret/SCI or TS with SCI eligibility
- Prior experience in COTS integration environments and any of the following:
- Agile PDM, JIRA, GIT/Subversion (use Tortoise Subversion), CITRIX, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo
- Experience with mixed environments such as Windows/Solaris/Linux
- Configuration Management Principles as they apply to Software
- Experience with Adobe Pro or Nitro Pro, Power ISO, WinSCP 5.11.1, Putty, Notepad++, as well as the Microsoft Office Suite of Programs to include MS Project and Visio
- SharePoint Administration
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Ability to work independently under only general oversight; have a high degree of attention to detail, and be trusted to enable on-time quality delivery of all required deliverable documents for multiple projects in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to learn SW tools and develop expertise
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and demonstrate flexibility in daily work
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $54,000 - $100,500 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.