Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Information Security Systems Engineer TS/SCI - Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20221406-84058
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Information Security Systems Engineer
Job Code: SAS20221406-84058
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Applies current systems security engineering methods, practices and technologies to the architecture, design, development, evaluation and integration of systems and networks to maintain system security. Works closely with Government customers to ensure that the security protection needs, concerns and requirements are defined and implemented with appropriate fidelity and rigor, early and in a sustainable manner throughout the life cycle of system that will allow for the security authorization of the system of interest. Works with systems developers or commercial product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure systems, networks, and database products. Uses methods such as encryption technology, vulnerability analysis and security management. Responsible for integration of multiple methods into a cohesive system security perimeter and environment and the policies and procedures necessary to monitor and maintain such an environment. Will prepare Certification and Accreditation documentation, using multiple standards under RMF and derivitive processes (DOD 8510, JSIG, ICD-503, CNSSI 1253), to achieve security authorization of supported systems. Represents program security needs, concerns and requirements at customer meetings.
- Experience in Static Application Security Testing (SAST) for Application Security and Development STIG compliance using tools such as Fortify and Gitlab as part of a DevSecOps Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) Pipeline, and generation of summary reports.
- Experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation and authorization (A&A) processes to include RMF steps 1-4 (categorization, controls selection, control implementation, security assessment) and standard body of evidence (BoE) package development.
- Understanding of security control inheritance in terms of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS relationships.
- Experience with A&A package processing in eMASS and Xacta.
- Experience in DoD software selection and approval processes for COTS, GOTS and FOSS.
- Experience in the application of DISA SRGs and STIGs.
- Support security engineering activities, including basis of estimate development, requirements development, design, test, configuration management and maintenance of information systems and data.
- Assist program security in the development of policies and procedures for emerging security technologies.
- Support vulnerability assessment activities as required.
- Support the evaluation, qualification, testing and delivery of security architecture improvement, obsolescence replacement and vulnerability response projects.
- Experience in configuration and use of cyber defense and vulnerability assessment tools such as ACAS and SCC.
- Work is 100% on-site and cannot be accomplished remotely.
- Education:Top Secret / SCI security clearance required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience, or
- 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience, or
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- DOD 8570.01M IAT-3 or IASAE-2 certification.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in C2S Cloud authorizations, FedRAMP and DISA CSP requirements.
- Familiarity with ELK.
- Experience in Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Windows and Linux system administration skills.
- Experience in the content development and administration of SEIM/audit reduction tools (e.g., Splunk).
- DOD 8570.01M IASAE-3 certification is desired.
- Strong understanding of engineering processes, concepts and information security systems engineering principles (NIST SP 800-160 Vol1).
- System test and evaluation methods and RMF assessment methodology & process.
- Experience in Cyber Defense technologies.
- Experience with CI/CD, agile system development, and DevSecOps tools and processes.
- Understanding of system vulnerabilities and exploitation.
- Experience with Vmware (ESXi, vSphere, Vcenter, VMs, etc.)
- Top Secret / SCI with an active Poly is highly desired.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.