Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Field Engineering Secret - Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20221309-90387
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Field Engineering
Job Code: SAS20221309-90387
Job Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Description: The Field Engineer will include routine maintenance, conducting or leading site visits, monitoring schedules, preparing contracts, approving designs, evaluating environmental impact, mitigating risk, ensuring compliance, drafting reports, running field operations, analyzing data, overseeing equipment maintenance, job planning, troubleshooting, and supporting overall project objectives. Your technical expertise will assist our organization in increasing client satisfaction, improving efficiency, managing risk, and diagnosing problems. The employee will receive on-the-job training as needed but will need to be comfortable working independently. The successful candidate will have daily test and debug responsibilities with moderate supervision and the potential to manage projects with responsibilities for the delegation of work and review of others’ work product.
The Field Engineering Specialist duties will include but are not limited to:
- Prepare, write, and review trip documentation
- Effectively communicate and partner with teammates, colleagues, customers and other external parties as needed. May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- Explain and interpret processes and procedures to others within and outside the job area; may be responsible for leading entire projects or processes
- Troubleshoot and repair complex field service issues innovatively, making moderate enhancements or improvements to systems as required
- Able to provide technical assistance to on-site personnel
- Depot-level maintenance and troubleshooting at Optical Sites, leveraging broad knowledge of other job areas and prior experience to analyze and solve issues
- Interface with all SME’s and program assets to assist with fault isolation
- Reviewing and writing Air Force Technical Orders (AFTO) and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) documentation
- Maintain professional standards of performance, demeanor, and judgment as detailed in L3Harris Technologies policies and procedures
- Maintain high ethical standards
- Active SECRET clearance
- Able to travel up to 40% of the time
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. passport.
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management. Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Academic knowledge of electronics, mechanical, solid state technology, microprocessor and computer technology sufficiently to function in fields of electronic technology
- Specific experience in RF and electronics is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend schematics, logic drawings, layouts, wire lists, and prints
- Able to lift to 40lb weights
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation, including:Ability to perform troubleshooting relying on technical data
- Equipment drawings and technical manuals
- Engineering Orders and Design File Memos
- Ability to set up various test equipment and evaluate the data to use as a troubleshooting aid.
- Must be physically able to work in confined spaces, climb ladders, move auxiliary equipment on casters, lift and carry heavy parts and sub-assemblies, and be able to perform the above duties indoors and outdoors during inclement weather
- Willing to travel worldwide with little to no notice.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills
- Must possess good decision-making ability and time management skills
- Must be very attentive to details
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.