Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Configuration Management
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20220311-92966
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Specialist, Configuration Manager
Job Code: SAS20220311-92966
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Description: L3Harris Technologies is seeking an experienced Configuration Manager to support the Colorado Springs, CO office to include contribution to development of Software and Hardware Configuration Management Baselines and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) Scheduling and Tracking for the Maintenance of Space Situational Awareness Integrated Capabilities (MOSSAIC) Sustainment Contract.
- Implementation of hardware, software and system configuration management principles in sustainment and development environments.
- Responsible for configuration management and interfacing daily with the program team.
- Establish configuration management plans in accordance with established procedures and contractual requirements.
- Authorize the release of drawings, software builds, and changes specified by Engineering.
- Analyze proposed product design changes to determine their effect on the overall system.
- Responsible for Class I / Class II Change Control.
- Perform regular configuration audits on established operational baselines to include PCA and FCA’s.
- Prepare Configuration Management cost plans for task orders and proposals.
- Coordinate with Project Management, Engineering and Logistics departments to ensure project deliverables meet project delivery dates.
- Provide review and update of system documentation deliverables including specifications, software baseline documents, briefings, minutes, and other documents utilizing all Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ensure deliverables are on time or early to meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and organizational skills to build configuration and CDRL schedules.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field plus minimum of 4 years relative industry experience in a role.
- Willing to work overtime and/or outside of normal business hours as needed to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of EIA-649B and MIL-STD-973 Configuration Management Principles as they apply to both Hardware and Software.
- Experience with Adobe Pro or Nitro Pro, JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Office Products.
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a Secret security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Reading and understanding Contract Statements of Work and Performance Work Statements.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and demonstrate flexibility in daily work.
- Ability to work individually and as a team member to achieve team objectives.
- Experience with Aras Innovator and Agile PDM.
- Understanding of DoD-STD-963 "Data Item Descriptions" and DD Form 1423's including formatting requirements included therein.
- Understanding of DoD 50101.12-M Procedures for the Acquisition and Management of Technical Data.
- Experience in editing documents, creating templates, page setup, formating, and automating the creation of tables of content in Microsoft Word.
- Experience running and creating functions, pivot tables, formatting, and generating charts in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in editing, creating templates, and making slideshows in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience in configuring email settings, email filters, scheduling and calendar management, assigning tasks and navigation in Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience navigating and filtering schedules in Microsoft Project.
- Experience creating and modifying flowcharts, organizational charts, swimland diagrams and business process modeling in Microsoft Visio.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $56000 - $104000 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.