Software Test Engineer - Top Secret Clearance
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20202207-48250
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Software Test Engineer - Top Secret Clearance
Job Code: SAS20202207-48250
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
L3Harris Space and Airborne Systems has an opening for a Sr Specialist, Systems Integration & Test Engineer – SW Testing to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be in Colorado Springs, CO. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting.
- Develop and maintain automated scripts
- Simulation and Modeling experience with Matlab
- Execute all levels of testing (Integration, System and Acceptance)
- Configure and maintain production-like test environments
- Develop test plans, test cases and testing scripts, for manual and automated testing, maintain testing records, document and report discovered problems
- Advocate for test priorities in daily scrum meetings and sprint planning
- Clear and concise documentation of software issues
- Collaborate closely with the development team and the I&T team
- Analyze user stories/use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility
- Lead test development and peer review activities with little supervision. Ensure complete and accurate test coverage. Create test to requirement traceability matrix
- Attend and participate in project planning and execution meetings as required
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- TS Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Engineering discipline with minimum of 6 years of prior related experience or Graduate degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience, or equivalent
- Comprehensive understanding of Agile & DevOps methodology and culture
- Understanding of software lifecycle management skills related to application development tasks and planning testing cycles
- Proficient at JIRA/Confluence (or equivalent)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity with all phases of the software test life cycle
- Must be able to handle multiple processes while testing cases and develop plan “fixes”
- Able to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Test automation experience using Python or similar scripting language
- Have experience using Eggplant, Selenium, Cypress or Perl
- Worked in Agile (scrum) projects as scrum team tester
- Experience with defect management tools like JIRA, ClearQuest
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $79,000.00 - $145,500.00 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.