Software Engineer (Storage Engineer)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Software Engineer (Storage Engineer)
Job Code: SAS20200801-38713
Job Location: Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the storage area network (SAN).
- Performs all maintenance, configuration and deployments to the SAN system.
- Provisions storage and monitors capacity.
- Provides daily support of the storage environment and backups. Works on storage related tasks such as volume creation, LUN provisioning and data migration.
- Support the project management team by producing technical briefings and communicating with the customer
- Informs senior technical management of SAN status by preparing reports on systems performance problems
- Analyzes storage requirements and generates inputs for logistics plan regarding future storage needs.
- TS/SCI clearance
- 6+ years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related STEM field from an accredited university OR Master’s Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience
- 6+ Years experience with administrating SANs and specializing in Dell EMC
- Dell EMC Certified Storage Administrator certification or equivalent
- 6+ Years experience managing and monitoring SAN environment, including performance metrics and analysis
- 6+ Years experience with requirements analysis and systems/software design within projects
Preferred Additional Skills:
- TS/SCI/Poly clearance highly desired
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II, IAM Level II, or IASAE Level II or higher certification required – includes Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CASP, CAP, GSLC, CISM, or CSSLP – at time of hire or within 30 days
- Experience with C2 center/service system or C2 application system and SSA operations
- Experience writing specifications, design, ConOps, and Interface Control Documents
- Experience with Software Configuration Management tools (Git/SVN/Bitbucket)
- Candidate must be willing to submit to a counterintelligence polygraph
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.