Software Engineer: Software Integration
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Software Engineer: Software Integration
Job Code: SAS20200107-47273
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
This is an opportunity to join a great team of talented professionals with world-class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to software engineering and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move, growing in advanced technology areas while continuing the long history of exceptional performance that has earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
L3Harris has an opening for a Software Integration Engineering position in our Space Control group in Colorado Springs, CO. Engineers will gain experience with the full software lifecycle including design, development, test, delivery, and maintenance. In addition to working with other engineering disciplines, our developers are exposed to various technologies including multi-tiered architectures. We are mission focused, agile, and take innovation seriously.
- Engage in subsystems’ design analysis and integrate with overall system
- Interfacing with the software developers and testers, extending technical support during preparation, installation and system maintenance.
- Execute on software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- Works closely with a team comprised of multiple remote sub-contractors.
- Work with current and potential customers to implement and troubleshoot integration projects; execute a plan to resolution.
- Work with and assist team to continuously refine and advance integration capabilities.
- Conduct efficient and effective communications with team members and external customers.
- Create technical documentation and present for internal and external use.
- B.S. in Computer Engineering or Computer Science and 4 years of prior related experience; or an Associates degree and 8 years of prior related experience; or a Graduate degree and 2 years of prior related experience.
- 1 year programming in Python, Perl, Tcl.
- 1 year of experience working in systems integration.
- 1 year of experience working with virtualized integrated products for satellite ground systems (Kratos Epoch suite).
- 2+ years of experience working in and administering Linux and Windows systems.
- 1+ years of experience expertise with CI/CD automation practices leveraging commercial tools like Bitbucket, JIRA, Jenkins, Artifactory.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with C++ programming.
- Expertise working with messaging middleware.
- Previous experience with AFSCN.
- Must be relationship-focused, process-driven, results-oriented, organized and self-directed.
- Experience with team leadership and time in a customer facing role.
- Experience with an established Agile methodology such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), SCRUM, Kanban, etc.
- Networking expertise.
- Experience with security vulnerabilities.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.