Software Development ScrumMaster
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Software Development ScrumMaster
Job Code: SAS20202307-48257
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
L3Harris has an immediate opportunity to join a great team of talented professionals with world-class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to software engineering and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move, growing in advanced technology areas while continuing the long history of exceptional performance that has earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
This is a ScrumMaster position for our Software Engineers for our Colorado Springs team. You will engage with Program Management, Project Engineering, cross functional teams as well as the customer on a regular basis. The Scrum Master will guide a team of engineers through the full software / hardware lifecycle, meeting increment and sprint deliverables. A key to success is continuously improving our processes and anticipating barriers. The ScrumMaster will lead a team to a self-management and self-organization culture.
- Drive high performance and collaboration in teams that hold themselves accountable to the customer mission.
- Reporting multi-team metrics to executive leadership focusing on continuous improvement; engaging in initiatives to improve output and performance.
- Coaching the entire program team on agile practices and ways to improve efficiencies and communications.
- Own full alignment across dependent teams within a release train; manage risks and dependencies so that all parties are aligned with delivery strategy.
- Proactively identify, manage and communicate barriers, bringing them to full resolution conducting retrospectives on an as-needed basis.
- Providing feedback to individuals and group leads as needed to improve individual performance and growth.
- Presenting team goals and performance directly to customers and executive leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology and 6 years of prior related deveopment experience; or a Graduate Degree and 4 years of prior related development experience..
- Experience with the Agile framework demonstrated by 4 years of experience on achieving positive outcomes associate with Agile.
- Agile methodology certification is required with CSM certification or above such as CSM, PSM, or SPC.
- 4+ years of direct experience in the ScrumMaster role working with team using best software engineering and agile practices (TDD, CI/CD, Pairing, automated testing, etc.)
- Program and or Project engineering expertise with 4+ years experience organizing large and complex projects.
- 4 years of experience with presenting material concisely with a path to results, demonstrated by a portfolio of reporting mechanisms.
- 4+ years experience utilizing Jira (dashboards, portfolio, backlog management) or similar tools.
- 2+ years experience in project engineering.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals including object oriented design, functional programming, data-structures, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Experience with other Agile methodologies such as Kanban, SAFe, XP, etc.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- Six Sigma experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.