Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Job ID: SAS20200701-38589
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
This is an opportunity to join a great team of talented professionals with world-class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to software engineering and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move, growing in advanced technology areas while continuing the long history of exceptional performance that has earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
This is a leadership position in our L3Harris Space Control group in Colorado Springs. Leaders will oversee the full software lifecycle including architecture, design, development, test, delivery, and maintenance. This leader will be responsible for establishing and maintaining annual technology strategies and initiatives, and keeping Senior Leadership informed of the progress of those initiatives. We are mission focused, agile, and take innovation seriously.
Technical leadership and architecture oversight of Space Control Programs.
- Development of software engineering practices driving efficiency and quality improvements.
- Conducts architecture oversight with the Chief Software Engineers on each program.
- Mentoring and coaching software engineers in design, and development of full stack solutions.
- Overseeing and building reusable user interface components available to all programs to increase program development efficiency
- Translating design requirements and workflows into working software in an iterative environment
- Keeping abreast of current technology; conducting technology knowledge shares
- Actively pursuing technical excellence and leadership
- 9+ years relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science OR Masters degree with 7 years prior experience
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- 9+ years Java programming
- 4+ years expertise in server-side and client-side testing
- 4 years expertise of various DBMS technology (MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- 4+ years knowledge of webservices or API
- 3+ years working in Linux; background in administering servers
- 3+ years expertise in DevOps CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins, Make, Conan, etc.)
- 3+ years in gathering and reporting quality and productivity metrics
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.