Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Scientist, Chief Systems Engineer (Radar Systems)-Secret Clearance (up to $20,000 sign-on bonus)
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20221108-88516
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Scientist, Chief Systems Engineer (Radar Systems)-Secret Clearance (up to $20,000 sign-on bonus)
Job Code: SAS20221108-88516
Job Location: Colorado Spring, CO
As the premier provider of Space Domain Awareness mission solutions for the United States Space Force, L3Harris is pursuing a strategic partnership to develop and deploy new RADAR functionality. Position represents an exciting opportunity to design new functionality for deep space radars to engage threats in the GEO belt while also tracking new foreign space launches. L3Harris is seeking Radar professionals to work in a dynamic environment to solve challenging technical problems. Individuals will perform radar system software architecture modelling, design, implementation, and test. The ideal candidate should have in depth experience with radar system architectures, and software modeling, development, and design. Knowledge of radar system architectures and the Space Domain Awareness mission areas are a must.
- Candidate will apply knowledge of command and control (C2) systems, missile defense kill chains and adjacent technologies (e.g. correlation, tracking, discrimination) to investigate enterprise architectures to defeat emerging missile and space threats.
- Lead and/or contribute to advanced systems engineering architecture studies to counter emerging space and/or missile threats
- Support Space Domain Awareness, Space Surveillance, Missile Warning, Missile Defense radars
- Lead and/or contribute to business development pursuits, including authoring white papers, RFI responses, and proposal technical volumes working in concert with large proposal teams consisting of L3Harris and teammate personnel.
- Serve as chief engineer for selected pursuits, directing engineering team to develop cost-effective and performant solutions to customer problems.
- Occasional travel (<25%) to customer sites, industry days, symposia, and conventions to advance customer mission and L3Harris business goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Math, Engineering and 12+ years of relevant professional experience, OR, Master's Degree in Science, Technology, Math, Engineering and 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- Active Secret clearance to start, must be eligible for TS/SCI
- DoD Life-Cycle engineering delivery experience
- Experience with Space Surveillance, Missile Warning, Missile Defense radars
Preferred Additional Skills:
- M.S. Degree preferred
- Active Top-Secret Clearance
- MW & MD interfaces specific to SBIRS OPIR assets, MW ITW/AA development programs,
- Experience with SW development on existing ground processing suites for OPIR assets
- Ability to work in team environment
- Familiarity/experience with DoD system development and delivery life cycle
- Familiarity with UML and SysML
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $122,500.00 - $227,500.00 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.