Principal, Business Development
Colorado Springs, Colorado; Chantilly, VirginiaJob ID SAS20210501-54703
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Principal, Business Development
Job Code: SAS20210501-54703
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO or Chantilly, VA
The successful candidate will lead a high performing team of business development and capture professionals and work effectively with other senior business development leadership programs and functional entities that focus on the Space Warfighting Mission. The candidate will be pivotal in developing pursuit and capture plans, business strategy, identifying and qualifying new business opportunities and interfacing with customers to close on contract orders to meet annual operating and strategic growth plans. The successful candidate will have proven experience growing a DoD Sales Pipeline that is focused on delivering Space Warfighting mission solutions. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated the ability to lead a geographically dispersed team of high performing professionals while developing new talent within this business. This position will be supporting the Space Domain Awareness Business Division of the Space Superiority and Geospatial Sector within the Space and Airborne Systems Segment.
- Identify, plan and execute campaign strategies relative to business capture for Space Warfighting capabilities.
- Lead business acquisition process milestone/gate reviews; to include opportunity identification, qualification, pursuit, pre-proposal, and proposal processes.
- Plan and direct Space Warfighting engagement activities in support of customer & Industry related meetings and conferences as a thought leader for Space Warfighting and associated BMC2 capabilities.
- Manage Customer Relationship Database for Space Warfighting portfolio.
- Support annual planning efforts for Internal Research & Development, Trade Shows, Marketing, and other customer engagement efforts.
- Work closely with other Business Development Leads within the Space Superiority and Geospatial Sector and across the Space and Airborne Systems.
- Develop/present executive level reports/presentations on business cases and sales performance.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 12 years of Business Development experience or post-graduate degree and 10 years of Business Development experience.
- 5+ Years' Experience with DoD SDA C2 platforms, tools, and methods in use at the Combined Space Operations Center (C-SPOC) and the National Space Defense Center (NSDC) preferred.
- 5+ Years' Experience with technologies that are applied to Space Situational Awareness (SSA), Space Control(SC) and Space Rapid Capability (SpRCO) solutions (Data Analytics/Fusion, Application Development, Networks, etc.).
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Space and Missile Center (SMC)/Space Superiority (SY) Acquisition experience
- Proven experience managing an Orders/Sales pipeline in excess of $500M
- Demonstrated leadership of a dynamic/geographically separated work force.
- Thorough understanding of DoD Space Warfighting Requirements and budgets and decision makers.
- Familiarity with technologies that are applied to Space Control.
- Disciplined, self-starting professional who can bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight.
- Ability to Travel – up to 25%.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $113,500 - $210,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.