Principal, Business Development
Colorado Springs, Colorado; Chantilly, VirginiaJob ID SAS20201412-54176
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Principal, Business Development
Job Code: SAS20201412-54176
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO or Chantilly, VA
The Principal, BD (Business Development) will lead business development activities for the SS&G (Space Superiority and Geospatial) SDA (Space Domain Awareness) Division. This includes directing and leading customer interactions, strategy development, business development, market assessments, business case development, business capture, capture gating process, pipeline growth, business account management including S&M and B&P budgets, CRM management, and development of 1-yr, 3-yr and 5-yr business plans.
- Win new business with Government and commercial prospects.
- Ensure execution of comprehensive financial analysis, capture strategy, competitive assessments, business case, and price-to-win related to closing new business
- Lead and drive opportunity identification, qualification, shaping and positioning for programs across multiple customer communities through identification of unmet mission needs.
- Mature account and contact plans for major clients
- Develop a roadmap of pursuits mapped to customer needs for each the business area
- Promote and foster continued business development opportunities with existing customers.
- Expand and grow business base by developing new customer relationships
- Prioritize and manage discretionary budgets associated with SC and SS&R business area
- Establish close working relationships with Business Area leadership
- Effectively communicate status of activities above to leadership
- Participation in forums/conferences to further position L3Harris as a thought leader for Space Domain Awareness (SDA), Space Control and associated C2 capabilities
- Represent L3Harris at customer meetings, Industry related meetings and conferences
- Travel as required to support Business Development efforts
- Translate technical understanding of products and technology for purposes of customer communication and engagement.
- Understand the missions, systems, and subsystems associated with a variety of Ground and Space-Based Sensor platforms and the Space C2 platforms/methods used to control and task them.
- Understand the missions, systems, and subsystems associated with a variety of Ground and Space-Control platforms and the Space C2 platforms/methods used to control and task them.
- Understand and influence the BU/BA strategies
- Influence the IRAD investment and look for synergies between IRADs to maximize results while minimizing investments.
- Create and foster a business acumen culture which embraces a strategic, proactive approach in supporting business area leaders with identifying, actively pursuing and closing new business
- Support the day-to-day business rhythm and reporting
- Estimate and manage new business funds and participate in strategic fund planning for internal research and development.
- Execute campaign strategies relative to business capture
- Support business acquisition process milestone/gate reviews; to include opportunity identification, qualification, pursuit, pre-proposal, and proposal processes.
- Work closely with business development teams within other Space Superiority business areas and across the Space and Intel Segment.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 12 years of Business Development experience or post-graduate degree and 10 years of Business Development experience.
- 5+ Years' Experience with DoD SDA C2 platforms, tools, and methods in use at the Combined Space Operations Center (C-SPOC) and the National Space Defense Center (NSDC) preferred.
- 5+ Years' Experience with technologies that are applied to Space Situational Awareness (SSA), Space Control(SC) and Space Rapid Capability (SpRCO) solutions (Data Analytics/Fusion, Application Development, Networks, etc.).
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Air Force Space Command and/or United States Space Force and/or United States Space Command staff experience with emphasis on future architectures
- Experience supporting DoD ground sensors markets is highly desirable.
- Experience supporting DoD Space Control markets is highly desirable.
- Space and Missile Center (SMC)/Space Superiority (SY) Acquisition experience.
- Missile Defense Agency Acquisition experience.
- Experience supporting capture efforts and programs/projects in DoD and SDA.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Proficiency with Professional Strategic Sales processes (E.g. Miller Heiman).
- Proficiency with Microsoft office tools.
- Must work independently under limited supervision.
- Disciplined, self-starting professional who can bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $113,500 - $210,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.