Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20213103-58951
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Material Handler
Job Code: SAS20213103-58951
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
- Responsible for performing the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment.
- Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods, rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary.
- Holds ability to handle items (up to 45 lbs.) utilizing proper lifting techniques and material handling aids (e.g. pallet jacks, height adjustable carts, etc.) and may operate a forklift upon receipt of internal certification.
- Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped.
- Examines, stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
- Knowledge of safe material handling practices and ability to maintain compliance with Harris specific Environment Health and Safety policy/procedure in regard to material handling.
- Performing annual inventory of all government property on contract as well as supporting sample inventory every 30 days with the government customer
- Works well with other – team player
- Attention to detail- accuracy
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience working in a warehouse and/or production environment
- Experience with inventory and barcoding, cycle counts, and reconciliation
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiar with FAR 52.245 and government property requirements
- NPMA Certification
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with MS Office applications, specifically Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Experience with MRP and Agile/PDM software tools
- Organizational skills
- Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $32,000- $59,500. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount my vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.