Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Systems Engineer-TS/SCI Clearance (up to $30,000 sign-on bonus)
Colorado Springs, Colorado; Vandenberg Air Force Base, CaliforniaJob ID SAS20222806-85325
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engineer-TS/SCI Clearance (up to $30,000 sign-on bonus)
Job Code: SAS20222806-85325
Job Location: Schriever SFB, CO or Vandenberg SFB, CA
Responsibilities include management of the Joint Task Force – Space Defense (JTF-SD) Capabilities Integration Office (JCIO) Engineering team. This is a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Systems Engineers, Orbital Analysts, Network Engineers, and Information Systems Security Engineers designing and maintaining systems responsible for space superiority operations. The Lead will lead and be member of a dynamic team supporting cutting edge systems for the space industry and will support satellite space situational awareness (SSA) activities as part of National Security program at Schriever SFB, CO or Vandenberg SFB, CA.
The Lead Engineer is responsible for strategically growing the technical capability of the organization to ensure readiness for increasingly complex systems, including team training and successfully completion of Mission Goals. This includes supervision, leading, planning, development, and execution of all JTF-SD/J6 taskings on projects, pursuits, and programs.
- Lead team of multi-disciplinary team to succeed in meeting Customer Mission goals
- Interaction with customers and provides input to project managers on programmatic and technical deliverables under guidance of senior technical personnel
- Responsible for algorithm development, quantitative analysis, orbit determination, decision analysis, capability analysis, system engineering requirements analysis and trade studies, analyses of alternatives, design of experiments, and architecture analysis
- Support programs by creating models, simulations, and analysis tools to support national security space analysis activities
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluations alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, and operations
- Develop new algorithms and processes, enhance current tool capabilities, and perform analyses
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field with 9 years of relevant experience, OR, Master’s degree in engineering or a related field with 7 years of relevant experience, OR, equivalent combination of education and experience
- Active Top Secret security clearance to start with CI Poly
- Ability to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas, including strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with developing presentations and providing briefings to customers
- Experience in requirements development and management, space vehicle design and operations, payloads, and mission operations
- Experience evaluating and implementing new and state-of-the-art technology to address challenging customer problems
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master’s degree with 7+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent
- Experience in supporting modeling, simulation, and analysis of national security space related problems desired
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Effective organization level communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Software: STK/Astrogator, Astrodynamics Standards, SOAP, Pro Engineer
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, Java, Parallel Computing, UNIX/Linux
- As an Analyst, the candidate will operate orbit determination and satellite characterization systems utilizing data from a variety of phenomenology’s (radar, passive RF, optical). Analytical prediction requires use of analytical tools, such as Freeflyer, STK, and MATLAB to calculate orbit trajectories, maneuvers, and to establish design reference missions
- Experience in leading discussions and collaborating with government customers
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $102,000.00 - $189,000.00 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.