Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Systems Engineer - Space C2 Enterprise Mission Engineer-TS/SCI Clearance (up to $30,000 sign-on bonus)
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20223006-85708
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engineer - Space C2 Enterprise Mission Engineer-TS/SCI Clearance (up to $30,000 sign-on bonus)
Job Code: SAS20223006-85708
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
As a Lead, Systems Engineer, you will contribute to a Systems Engineering team in design, development, implementation, testing and training of/for command and control systems for our warfighters. This position supports the Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) division, a great team of talented professionals with world class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to engineering and enjoy working together. We have a long history of innovative and exceptional performance; we have earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
In this position, you will bring your systems engineering background to a system engineering role where you can make a broad impact to programs and projects that are critical to our customers!
- Research and translate technical information into training materials, manuals or web-based documents for technical and non-technical audiences
- Develop, organize and deliver technical training programs and related materials and/or interactive courseware for customer and audiences
- Plan, design, implement and maintain computer-based or web-based training modules
- Work with customers and functional organizations to establish course objectives, contents and outcomes.
- Prepare lesson plans from engineering documentation, software documentation, vendor manuals or field service requirements.
- Instruct participants in classroom lectures and laboratory sessions; provide surveys and analyze responses to determine applicability of course material and adequacy of training presentation
- Ensure course materials reflect current software ops release features.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline, Physical or Computer Science and 9+ years of related experience, OR, Graduate Degree in an Engineering discipline, Physical or Computer Science and 7+ years of related experienceTechnical Writing experience in space operations and command and control systems
- Technical Training experience at an operational SSA/SDA (C2) unit
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to work harmoniously in a team environment with government customers and other contractors
- Ability to negotiate solutions among functional groups (Systems Engineering, Mission Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.)
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills demonstrated by related work experience
- Strong coordination and organization skills with a focus on details
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $102,000.00 - $189,000.00 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.