Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead Systems Engineer - Modeling & Simulation (TS/SCI)
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20211006-62638
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Systems Engineer - Modeling & Simulation - Top Secret/SCI
Job Code: SAS20211006-62638
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
L3Harris Technologies has an opening for a Lead Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting.
- Performing hardware/software requirements definition, decomposition, allocation, management, verification, and validation
- System specification development, creation and enforcement of interface control documents, system risk management, and system configuration management
- Responsibility for verifying all requirements are met using the approved verification method and documenting the verification results
- Support programs by creating models, simulations, and analysis tools to support national security space analysis activities.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluations alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, and operations
- Use modeling and simulation analyses to support design validation and mission benefit analyses
- Develop new algorithms and processes, enhance current tool capabilities, and perform analyses
- Provides input to program leads on programmatic and technical deliverables under guidance of senior technical personnel
- Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts to enhance mission operations
- Support the development of technological concepts which improve system performance and mission capabilities
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 9+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline, Mathematics, Physics or a related discipline. Alternatively, 7 years of prior related experience with a Graduate Degree.
- Top Secret clearance with SCI
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Degree or relevant coursework in Systems Engineering
- Experience in supporting modeling, simulation, and analysis of national security space related problems desired
- Experience with requirements management using DOORS or similar application
- Experience with system architecting using MagicDraw or similar application
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective organization level communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Software: STK/Astrogator, Astrodynamics Standards,
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, Java,
- TS/SCI with Polygraph preferred
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $99,500 - $184,500 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.