Lead RF Electrical Engineer
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title:Lead RF Electrical Engineer
Job Code: SAS20201001-38815
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Description: L3Harris is seeking an experienced RF design engineer to support multiple programs in its Space and Airborne Systems segment. The engineer will be responsible for design, development, and testing of RF Systems, Subsystems, and components.
- Utilizing common commercial RF design and analysis tools to design and analyze RF circuits and systems (i.e. Keysight ADS, SystemVue, Genesys, etc.)
- Schematic capture, circuit layout, small signal and large simulations
- Analyzing electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Designing, analyzing, testing, and evaluating typical circuits such as low noise amplifiers (LNA), power amplifiers (PA), mixers, oscillators, attenuators, switches, and filters
- Presenting design reviews to peer engineers and program management
- Ownership of the day-to-day tactical execution duties for assigned programs
- Assigning tasks and driving action items to closure
- Identifying project challenges, recommending solutions, and removing roadblocks to program execution
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or similar field and 9+ years of related experience OR a M.S. in Electrical Engineering or similar field and 7+ years of related experience
- 9+ years experience with RF design and analysis tools to design and analyze RF circuits and systems (i.e. Keysight ADS, SystemVue, Genesys, etc.)
- 9+ years experience designing RF systems, subsystems, and components
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Thorough technical understanding of passive and active RF design
- Ability to present to internal and external customer at all levels
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.