Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Lead, Proposal Mgmt
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20221804-80779
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Lead Proposal Manager
Job Code: SAS20221804-80779
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO / Remote
L3Harris Technologies is seeking an experienced lead proposal manager to support the business development and capture team for Space and Airborne systems.
As the Lead Proposal Management, you will oversee all proposal activities, including directing proposal personnel, managing proposal schedules and deadlines, and monitoring the progress of the proposal. You will partner with the Capture Manager to integrate the win strategy and theme(s) and solution into a proposal structured for compliance and ease of evaluation. You’ll also develop and execute a review plan (e.g., Pink Team, Red Team, Gold Team) for interim and final reviews of the technical, management, and cost proposals. The proposal center you would be joining is in Colorado Springs, Colorado, remote work is possible, but travel would be required as needed for opportunities.
- 7+ years of managing multi-volume proposals that have resulted in Federal prime-contract awards with values in excess of $50M.
- Experience with compliance with Government RFP/RFQ’s.
- Ability to review proposals to ensure a precise product ready for client review; proofread for content, grammar, style, formatting; edit, organize, and pull attachments and exhibits
- In-depth knowledge of project management and experience applying the Shipley process of proposal development.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- US Person and fully clearable to TS/SCI.
- Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Current Top Secret/SCI clearance or eligibility is strongly preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience with proposals from small, quick response task order opportunities under IDIQ contracts to large(>$50M) competitive proposals, in customers ranging from Fed/Civil to DoD to commercial.
- Five (5) years of professional hands-on experience, preferably in Federal acquisition for information technology services and/or space systems.
- Strong analytical skills and focus on technical product aspects and applications.
- Experience supporting and managing proposals for DoD, Space/STRATCOM.
- Technical writing skills.
- Experience in leading and/or executing volumes and BOE’s.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.