Lead, Electrical Engineer FPGA
Colorado Springs, Colorado
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
- FULL TIME
- LEVEL: SENIOR
- TRAVEL: NONE
What makes a successful Electrical Engineer at L3Harris? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Technologically Savvy
Good place to work, good co-workers. Location is good. Process optimization is a priority. Managers listen to good ideas. Many advancement opportunities.Electrical Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
Dress for your day
Adoption Cost Benefit
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Senior FPGA Design Engineer
Job Code: SAS20202506-47063
Job Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Understanding of FPGA design process including requirements generation, preliminary design, peer reviews, detailed design, test plan generation, and integration and test
- Simulate the FPGA to verify performance, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly
- Understanding of basic digital logic design concepts (understanding how VHDL code translates into logic primitives within an FPGA); detailed understanding of all architectural elements within Xilinx FPGA
- Work closely with the engineering teams through design, implementation, integration, testing, and qualification of the deliverable system
- BS Degree in electrical/computer engineering and 9+ years of professional experience, OR, a Masters in electrical/computer engineering and 6+ years of professional experience
- 6+ Years experience with an understanding of Altera or Xilinx FPGA architectures
- 6+ Years experience using Cadence Incisive Enterprise Simulator, Subversion, Python or Perl
- 6+ Years experience with SoC (Kintex UltraScale/UltraScale+, Virtex UltraScale/UltraScale+, Zynq UltraScale)
- Active Secret Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with high speed memory interfaces
- Experience with high speed serial protocols (PCI Express, SRIO, Ethernet)
- Experience with Analog to Digital (AD) and Digital to Analog (DA) interfaces
- Experience with control protocols such I2C, SPI, RS-232/422, and SpaceWire
- Proficiency with Xilinx, Microsemi, and Altera Tool Suites (VHDL, Synthesis, Place and Route, Simulation, Timing Analysis
- Proficiency managing source code in revision controls systems such as Subversion, Clearcase, GIT, etc.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work and communicate effectively within a development group
- Ability to work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with Hardware / Software Engineering and Systems Engineering is preferred
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
- Tehcnical Support Engineer - BSOC Wideband Signals Analyst (BWSA) Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Electrical Engineer - FPGA/UVM Palm Bay, Florida, Colorado Springs, Colorado, Mount Prospect, Illinois, Van Nuys, California, Nashua, New Hampshire, Wilmington, Massachusetts, San Diego, California, Alpharetta, Georgia
- Lead RF Electrical Engineer Colorado Springs, Colorado