Full Stack Web Developer (Junior)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Full Stack Web Developer (Junior)
Job ID: SAS20200701-38592
Job Location:Colorado Springs, CO
This is an opportunity to join a great team of talented professionals with world-class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to software engineering and enjoy working together. We are a company on the move, growing in advanced technology areas while continuing the long history of exceptional performance that has earned our place as a trusted provider to our customers.
This is an early-career position in our L3Harris Space Control group. Engineers will gain experience with the full software lifecycle including design, development, test, delivery, and maintenance. In addition to working with other software disciplines, our developers are exposed to various technologies including multi-tiered architectures and geospatial visualization tools. Our mission is to solve our customers’ hard problems.
- Design and develop customer specific user interfaces; creating wireframes and iterating with the customer on improvements.
- Build reusable user interface components, and reuse existing base level capabilities in new offerings.
- Translate design requirements and workflows into working software.
- Debugging and troubleshooting issues for fast resolution
- Evangelize best practices and keep abreast of current technology in user interface development.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves. This role will evolve over time, and we’ll want you to evolve with it!
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar field and 2+ years of related experience OR Graduate degree with 0 - 2 years experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity with UX and UI design principles and experience creating wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Customer and relationship-focused, process-driven, results-oriented, organized and self-directed
- Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including object oriented design, functional programming, data-structures, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Experience with an established Agile methodology such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), SCRUM, Kanban, etc.
- Experience with automation practices leveraging commercial collaborative tools like GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins, Artifactory
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.