Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20221805-82546
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working in Software with L3Harris you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Critical Thinker
- Detail Oriented
I love my job because every day there’s a new problem to tackle, a new skill to learn and an awesome team that has my back.Heather S., Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: DOORS Administrator
Job Code: SAS20221805-82546
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
L3Harris Technologies is seeking an experienced DOORS Administrator to support the Colorado Springs, CO office to include contribution to development of and verification of requirements.
- Responsible for requirements management and interfacing daily with the program team and attending program staff meetings.
- Requirements change management
- Perform regular audits on established DOORs baselines
- Developing and maintaining control of Division Standard template and custom DXL scripts as well as processes and procedures.
- Review Contract Statements of Work and CDRL Forms (DD-1423) to ensure specifications are produced in accordance with the contracual requirements. This includes preparing the CDRLS/Non-CDRLs for delivery to the Data Manager.
- Training Systems Engineers in utilizing the DOORS tool to effectively manage their requirements; creating a tiered hierarchy schema, create the database, identify Users, and determine the level of access needed to perform their tasks. This includes developing, updating, and maintaining DOORS training material, policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Develop Basis of Estimates to support Proposals.
- Assist in the planning and conduct of technical projects or portions of projects
- Generate Metrics and present at Program Reviews.
- Generating exports and reports
- Creating and modifying program databases.
- Establishing DOORS end user accounts
- Plan, prepare for, and execute version upgrades across Segments
- Travel to various L3Harris locations to execute DOORS training
- Processing exports through Agile PDM for delivery
- Responsible for responding to IT ServiceNow tickets for DOORS
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of DOORs Database Administration. Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Fluency in the use of IBM Requirements Management (DOORS) is required.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office tools; strong proficiency with Word and Excel required
- Knowledge and experience with DXL programming language preferred; knowledge of C++ and Java is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills. Ability to work closely with engineers, project leaders and peer level individuals
- Presentation and communication skills (verbal, written, and visual)
- Problem solving skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to work overtime and/or outside of normal business hours as needed to meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel
- Works autonomously. Act as mentor to lower level peers and provide guidance on tasks.
- Understanding and experience in CDRL delivery
- Knowledge of Agile PDM process
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility. Persons already possessing required clearances are preferred. Additional consideration given to candidates with Secret security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Reading and understanding Contract Statements of Work and Performance Work Statements
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and demonstrate flexibility in daily work
- Ability to work individually and as a team member to achieve team objectives
- Experience with Aras Innovator and Agile PDM
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $54000 - $100500 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.