CO Springs - Senior Specialist, CPSO - TS
Colorado Springs, ColoradoJob ID SAS20211304-59637
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Senior Specialist, Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO)
Job Code: SAS20211304-59637
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Enjoy success as a member of a dynamic engineering team developing cutting edge systems for the space and airborne industry. As part of this fast growing team of engineers, you will provide CPSO and Industrial Security in support of space superiority, command and control, geospatial and other exciting domains.
These duties include the implementation of NISPOM, DoDM 5200.01, and IC Directives. The CPSO establishes Security plans and procedures for the protection and safeguarding of National Security Information. A CPSO works closely with the Government Program Security Officers to coordinate Program Security activities, to include Physical Security, Personnel Security, COMSEC and implementing technical security controls for Information Systems with ISSO teammates in assigned secure areas. Candidate is knowledgeable in information technology and information system security best practices.
- • Develop and administer security programs and procedures for classified, or sensitive materials, documents, and equipment
• Research and implement federal security regulations, maintaining knowledge, and awareness of interdisciplinary compliance requirements, i.e. cyber, information technology, and configuration management;.
• Obtain rulings, interpretations, and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations from government agencies;.
• Prepare manuals outlining regulations, and establish procedures for handling, storing, retaining records, and access by personnel or visitors to restricted records and materials;
• Conduct security education training and security audits;
• Investigate security violations and prepares reports specifying preventive actions to be taken;
• Collect, assimilate, and interpret intelligence information and disseminates to the appropriate stakeholder or investigating authority.
• Travel is less than 5%.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain SCI
- 6 years’ experience and practical application of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), RMF and applicable Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs).
- Strong Information Security, Program Protection, and Personnel Security duties processing collateral, SCI and SAP clearances.
- 3+ Years experienced with security processes and procedures within the DoD and IC communities
- Solid time management skills
- Experience with Intrusion Detection and Access Control Systems
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively manage a security team to deliver the highest-quality customer service.
- Initiative in pursuing problems, opportunities, and innovative solutions while handling both the micro level of security compliance and the macro level of business opportunities.
- In-depth knowledge of the NISPOM, DoD 5200.01, RMF process, OPSEC, and related security for a broad range of customers in DoD.
- Knowledge of resources and practices in the intelligence community; must be current on changing requirements.
- Knowledge of best practices in implementing physical security methods, consistent with the heightened risk environment while minimizing adverse effects on staff and visitors.
- Experience in designing and conducting security education and training programs.
- Ability to implement compliance programs.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $65,000 - $120,500 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.