Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Preflight Mechanical Technician (Aircraft Maintenance Level D)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
The technician does the repair and overhauling of aircraft structure assembles complex aircraft structures and systems by positioning spare parts or sub-assemblies, by matching and securing them so as to make them ready for riveting and bonding operations, following the assessment of damage sustained by aircraft parts and structures.
• Checks the spare parts to be repaired, modified or assembled and damage such as cracks, scratches on skin, delaminations and removes bumps from parts and replaces unserviceable items
• Adjusts and assembles parts, installs conventional bolts, torques and locks couplings, bores out while observing a low tolerance margin with or without instruments, installs rivets, Jo bolts and other mechanical fasteners, prepares and uses drills, milling machines, drill presses, riveting tools and machines, shears, sanders and crimping tools
• Repairs, modifies, and assembles sub-assemblies such as cowlings, air intakes (whose complex contours and skin panels located near those for other assemblies or sub-assemblies make the access difficult), couplings, doors and hatches and all the assemblies that must be adjusted, connected and profiled
• Performs repairs and rework for missiles, high-technology aircraft structures, system simulators and special projects
• Professional Diploma or College Diploma in structural repair
• 2-3 years of experience EEO Tagline to copy and paste
L3Harris MAS cultivates an inclusive and stimulating work environment that empowers employees and promotes work-life balance. Our values (integrity, respect, excellence), community dedication and commitment to excel in everything we do are the foundation of our culture.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, provincial or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue, 48,000 employees and customers in more than 100 countries. L3Harris.com
Everything we do here has a direct impact on the protection and security of human lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.