Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Aviation Technician (AVN)
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. and Canada employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris MAS, a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, Inc., is an agile and innovative aerospace and defense technology
company. Our 1000 employees provide complete military and commercial aviation modernization and upgrade solutions
structural and avionics upgrades, aircraft component repair and overhaul, integrated logistics support, stripping and
painting, field service support and technical publications, plus a full range of technical support services.
Our specialized aviation facilities include component repair, overhaul and machining, aircraft hangars and other upgrade
facilities, structural design and analysis, full-scale fatigue testing and aircraft fatigue management, as well as other
engineering services - from mechanical engineering and avionics to electronics and systems engineering.
Our customers perform on the world’s most challenging front lines. They trust us to keep them prepared for what’s
next. We combine speed, innovation and flawless execution to ensure confidence and security in the world ahead.
The Component Shop technician performs mechanical work and maintenance tasks of complex nature off aircraft on
CF188 Hydraulic, mechanical components and test equipment.
- Maintain, inspect, repair and test off aircraft CF188 Hydraulic and Landing Gear components. Operate, calibrate and
maintain the Hydraulic Components Test Stand;
- Maintain, inspect, repair and test off aircraft CF188 Mechanical Components, Brake Assembly and Wheel Assy. Operate
and maintain the Shop Support Equipment;
- Maintain, inspect, repair and test off aircraft CF188 Flight Control Servocylinders;
- Operate, calibrate and maintain the Servocylinder test Station (STS);
- Exercise caution and respect the health and safety rules and regulations in the workplace;
- Attend training and information sessions as required;
- Inform the team leader or supervisor of technical problems, scheduling problems and additional needs;
- Follow the tool control policies;
- Consult the reference documentation such as CFTO, work processes and other related documents;
- Carefully fill out the inspection sheets, forms, documentation and records as required by the maintenance policies;
- Perform the tasks assigned by the team leader or the supervisor.
In addition, the technician must comply with the administrative and technical rules of the establishment where he is
assigned in respect of:
- Health and safety;
- Foreign object damage (FOD);
- Flight safety;
- Documentation and records;
- Working Instructions;
- Process specifications.
- Diploma of college studies in avionics or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Extensive experience of the CF-18 aircraft required;
- Communication skills in either languages (English or French), oral and written;
- Good communicator and strong training skills;
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Must be eligible for registration with the Controlled Goods Program;
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a government of Canada “Reliability” status and/or Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
- Visit the Government of Canada website for more details.
- Location not accessible by public transport. A car is needed.
L3Harris MAS cultivates an inclusive and stimulating work environment that empowers employees and promotes work-life balance. Our values (integrity, respect, excellence), community dedication and commitment to excel in everything we do are the foundation of our culture.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, provincial or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue, 48,000 employees and customers in more than 100 countries. L3Harris.com
Everything we do here has a direct impact on the protection and security of human lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.