Technical Support Engineering / IT Security
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20210704-59298
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Technical Support Engineering / IT Security
Job Code: SAS20210704-59298
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
Individual will work in Software Engineering (SWE) and will provide program level Network and Application Engineering support. In addition, the individual will also provide engineering support in the Classified Labs to maintain a high-level DoD security posture.
- Perform the day-to-day required Windows System Administration duties.
- Maintain plans, instructions, guidance, and standard operating procedures concerning the security of network system(s) operations.
- Participate in the yearly Defense Security Service(DSS) Audit process.
- Implement, and enforce security requirements for hardware, software, and services specific to L3HARRIS SYSTEM Information Assurance(IA) security programs.
- Ensure that Information Assurance(IA) and Information System (IS) enabled software, hardware, and firmware comply with appropriate L3HARRIS SYSTEM security configuration guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain L3HARRIS SYSTEM Information System(IS) recovery processes are ensuring that Information Assurance(IA) features and procedures can be properly restored.
- Ensure that all Information Assurance(IA) review items are tracked and reported.
- Implement programs to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of, understand, and follow L3HARRIS SYSTEM and Information Assurance(IA) policies and procedures.
- Monitors security controls for information systems.
- Enforces and communicates established security policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware, and telecommunications.
- Configures and maintains all network security configurations.
- Exhibits an understanding of commonly used security controls and best practices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 8 years of experirnce or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 4 years of experience.
- Expeience with Microsoft Security and Active Directory administration.
- Experience with troubleshooting, problem solving and analyzing hardware, software, or network issues.
- Secret Clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or similar technical degree
- Advanced skills with any scripting or programing language(s)
- Ability to work independently and perform IA duties
- Microsoft Certifications
- Knowledge of Risk Management
- Application Packaging experience
- Linux Administration (Red Hat)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.