Sr Test Supervisor, Operations Management - 2nd Shift
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20212302-56996
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Sr. Test Supervisor, Operations Management - 2nd Shift
Job ID: SAS20212302-56996
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
Professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of digital and RF test procedures, equipment, and operations. Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes. Develops manufacturing test strategies for specific products and processes. Interfaces with test engineering in maintaining and executing assignments, training and test procedures. Estimates manufacturing test costs based upon past performance and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. Maintains test equipment calibration, records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
- Provides input on hiring, firing, promotion, performance and/or compensation decisions for own organization. Reports to Manager or higher.
- Supports the test operations delivery of various digital and RF modules needed to ensure “On Time” delivery of all programs, through the direct supervision of Test technicians.
- Responsible for implementing Lean principles for visual management, 5S, and product flow in all areas supervised.
- Maintain and track team performance on schedule, cycle time, unit cost, first pass yield and other manufacturing metrics for supervised work cells.
- Represent manufacturing test operations as an interface with various Operations and Engineering groups to support analysis of first pass test yields, perform root cause and corrective actions (RCCA), and improve test procedures and effectiveness.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the abilities of direct reports and control and document cross training of department personnel to ensure production capacity across work center.
- Work closely with Quality Organization to ensure that test procedures, test results, and failure analysis and corrective actions (FRACAS) are performed correctly and in accordance with our company internal procedures.
- Ensures all equipment under control remains properly maintained and calibrated by supervised team and the Test Operations, calibration coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience, or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
- 3+ years' of Supervisory/Management experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.