Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineering – SI&T IPT Lead
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20221008-88448
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Systems Engineering – SI&T IPT Lead
Job Code: SAS20221008-88448
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
L3Harris is looking for an Integration & Test Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead with comprehensive knowledge of Electronic Warfare systems and working knowledge of project management. Responsible for managing a multi-disciplinary team in performing the integration and/or test of all components, ensuring electrical and physical compatibility to meet program technical, schedule and cost objectives. In support of system design activities, responsible for test and/or integration of COTS-based electromechanical systems from the system design phase through development, documentation, installation and commissioning of the completed system.
Integration responsibilities may include design, develop and implement integration plans for procedures for hardware, software, and facilities. Responsible for the physical and electrical compatibility of functional interfaces and first article product integration, ensuring seamless interface between the design and production of systems. Testing responsibilities may include analyzing requirements for testability issues. Develops and implements both hardware and software system level test programs, plans, specifications, procedures, and customer acceptance. Plans and leads test working groups, test readiness reviews. Conducts testability and producibility analyses and reviews.
- Direct interface with program management, CSE & customer regarding all Integration verification planning
- Takes lead role at program status meetings, reviews, anomaly investigations & other issues
- Accountable to the program manager & CSE for top level planning of all assembly & integration and efforts & related verification activities
- Creates initial, top level test flow & test approach
- Develops System Level I&T Plan for program
- Accountable to the program manager & Chief System Engineer for top level planning of all integration and test efforts & related verification activities
- Collaborates with Systems to define Requirements Verification Matrix (RVM) that balances capabilities, cost and efficiency of verification (test vs. analysis)
- Interface with all subject matter experts on test implementation strategy
- Support and Oversee specific test events related to the overall system and various products
- Responsible for troubleshooting failures of the tests, based on test plan inputs provided by the SEIT lead and test architect
- Responsible for completion of specific test configuration details, test procedure development, implementation & checkout of STE, test sets & test set software checkout, analysis tools evaluation
- May be responsible for TRR planning, execution and follow up actions
- Responsible to support the directing of test activities, including supporting shift planning
- Interface with all subject matter experts on test implementation strategy
- Solid understanding of various testing tools and techniques; may be a SME in a particular area of test
- Identify risks & opportunities for specific test activities
- Work with and influence system engineering & design on architecture(s) and interfaces to optimize & include test capabilities early in the development life cycle
- Able to work with systems and design engineering to identify STE/GSE requirements that will satisfy testing requirements, as well as reuse options
- Evaluate/Define STE requirements (hardware & software) needed for verification of System level requirements
- Ensure full compliance with L3Harris policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
- Active Secret security clearance
- If none, must be able to attain clearance
- Onboarding is contingent upon clearance received/approved
- Experience in test automation tools and software, such as LabVIEW, TestStand, Python, etc.
- Experience in RF or Digital engineering (MW MCAs, FPGAs, CCAs, PWBs, etc.) and troubleshooting techniques, tools, and process
- Experience in project management/engineering
- Experience in Risk Management and Cost Account Management (CAM)
- Experience with high-speed digital and RF test equipment (network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, oscilloscope, logic analyzers, etc.)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well across multiple engineering disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment
- Experience with System Integration and Design Verification Testing
- Effective communication skills in a collaborative team environment
- Familiarity with Boundary Scan/LabVIEW/MATLAB/other tools for instrument control.
- Experience with OSHA requirements and ESD best practices
- Familiarity with high-speed digital and RF test equipment (network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, power meters, oscilloscope, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Familiarity with Military Hardware Environmental and Electrical Qualification
- Experience with avionics bus technologies including 1553 and ethernet
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.