Sr Specialist, Program Scheduler
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Sr. Specialist, Program Scheduler
Job Code: SAS20202301-39595
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
This position is responsible for detailed analysis of the master program schedule, including status, performance, network logic, and critical path.
- Utilizing team inputs creates and tracks plans and resource-loaded schedules, performs risk analysis.
- Responsible for detailed schedule analysis of network logic and critical path.
- Works with cross functional Program Teams to resolve critical path and network conflicts.
- Performs "what if" scenarios for individual program management teams.
- Performs schedule variance analysis by comparing baseline to schedule.
- Performs earned value analysis in support of assigned programs or projects.
- Ensures management understanding of network logic, Gantt, milestone lists, and resource information in the schedule.
- Develops and maintains scheduling procedures for assigned programs.
- Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and IMS DID (Integrated Master Schedule Data Item Description).
- Drives initial schedule development or rolling wave planning to baseline. Ownership of the road to baseline plan.
- Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Prepares, develops and coordinates integrated master plan and integrated master schedule (IMP/IMS) using MS Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Share lessons learned with other schedulers.
- Participates in schedule training, engineering and program excellence organization.
- Communicates with contacts within and outside of own team which may include customers or vendors.
- BS/BA Degree in Finance or Business with 6 years’ experience in planning or scheduling or an MA/MS with 4 years of experience in planning or scheduling: or equivalent.
- Four years of MS Project Experience.
- Experience creating and/or maintaining an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and any Supporting Schedules on assigned projects/programs; creating and presenting project-level reports, presentations and deliverables that reflect risk and status to program management and senior management relating to the IMS is required.
Preferred Additional Skills
- Monte Carlos Analysis.
- SSI tools management.
- Program management and or Coordination, SDLC process.
- Critical thinking and problem solving, attention to detail and quality of product deliverables.
- EVMS - Earned Value Management Systems.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.