Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Spec, Program Finance
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20220108-87832
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Program Finance
Job Code: SAS20220108-87832
Job Location: Clifton NJ / Remote
Responsible for directing the financial control of large and/or complex programs. Works as a key business partner to Program Managers and functional teams to establish and maintain the program’s financial plan, perform analyses and prepare reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines. Prepares budgets for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis. Conducts detailed financial analysis that provide insight into cost and schedule health on a program to ensure financial objectives are met. Interprets performance data on a weekly and monthly basis with the goal of providing early indicators of program health. Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control. Monitors program adherence to approved budget. Responsible for monthly financial forecasting and long range planning of their respective programs, focusing on Orders, Revenue, Profit and Cash Flow.
- Responsible for financial support and oversight of multiple government programs, including proposal support, program planning, submitting monthly financial forecasts, performing internal and external program reporting,
- Collaborates with program team to develop updated quarterly Estimates at Complete. Able to take communicate the assumptions made when compiling program estimates, and speak to the key risks and opportunities that would impact cost, schedule, and financial outlook.
- Interfaces with Program Managements, Accounting, Functional Leads, and customers as the primary source of all financial information for the programs they support
- Monthly updates of financial forecast with focus on orders, sales, profit and cash
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- 2+ Years’ Experience specific in program cost and schedule controls in a DOD or Engineering environment and experience forecasting revenues.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skill set, including the capability to interface with customers and form strong business partnerships with key program leaders across sites.
- 3+ Years of experience utilizing EVMS
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management concepts, tools and principles.
- Strong MS Excel capability a must
- Experience with Deltek Cobra, MPM, Costpoint, Hyperion Smart View considered a plus
- Must be highly motivated worker, comfortable working independently in a deadline driven environment, where accountability and attention to detail are critical
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, project a professional demeanor, and be capable of working effectively with junior to upper level coworkers.
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $67,000 - $124,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount my vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.