Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Manager, Software Engineer - Embedded (Secret)
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20222306-84989
On the L3Harris team, your job is to secure the world. We don’t work here just for the advanced technology and equipment: We work here because we know what – and who – we’re protecting. From families to the intelligence community, and from our climate to our men and women in uniform – we’re making the world a safer place. Working with the L3Harris's engineering team, you'll join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, global scope, and a collaborative team setting.
What makes a successful Systems Engineer at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Flexible work schedule, paid overtime, cool technology, no micromanagement, nice campus, fun co-workersSystems Engineer
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Manager, Software Engineer - Embedded (Secret)
Job Code: SAS20222306-84989
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
L3Harris is seeking an experienced Sr Embedded Software Engineering Manager with embedded experience responsible for planning and execution of complex designs in large teams to ensure proper system functionality. The embedded software manager will coordinate planning, metrics, Software/Hardware design, distributed systems design, and software / computer architecture.
- Lead and contribute to business acquisition, requirements analysis, design, code and unit test, integration and test, requirements sell off, and operations and maintenance of embedded software systems
- Ensure that products/projects delivered meet customer requirements and specifications
- Drive process improvements to aid in team coordination and maintain delivery schedule
- Communicate with leadership on status, issues, milestones, and successes
- Ability to lead sustainment, development, IRAD and production efforts with a strong focus on EVMS and schedule management using EV metrics to keep cost and schedule on target.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience or a Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years or relevant experience.
- 8+ Years of experience in technical leadership roles.
- Experience with execution through the full development lifecycle including requirements flow-down and allocation, design, development, test, and sell-off
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall Methodologies.
- Experience with EVMS and cost account management and project management.
- Experience leading both a functional and matrix team through development milestones
- Experience in working in a highly dynamic, fast paced environment utilizing strategic thinking and problem solving to drive data driven decisions and analyzing data to look for trends with focus on executing programs with cost and schedule cognizance.
- Eligible for a security clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Experience with safety-critical software development / DO-178 C or above industry standards.
- Experience on complex systems with EW experience.
- Direct Government customer interface experience (e.g. US Air Force, US Navy, etc.).
- Experience in Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Experience with any of these Skills and Technologies: Linux/Linux Engineering including kernel modules and device drivers, Bash/Python, Intel x86/ARM/FPGA/SoC, Embedded System Design, Release Engineering, Understanding of Change and Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Network and Communication Protocols and Topology, Debug/Trace Analysis, DO 178 / DO 254 / ARINC 653 / Avionics, Electronic Warfare, Real-time Operating Systems like VxWorks/LynxOS/Integrity, Software Integration, Test, Verification/Validation, UML Design, ADA 83 & 95
- Experience with resolving issues across groups and drive innovative solutions to solve execution challenges.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.