Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Sr Assoc, Manufacturng Engrg
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20220809-90204
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Sr Associate, Manufacturing Engineer
Job Code: SAS20220809-90204
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
Manufacturing Engineer Senior, Associate will support the production of Line Replaceable Units for high reliability electronic warfare applications in a low to medium volume, high mix product environment. Responsibilities to include:
- Support of new product development by working with Design Engineering, Test Engineering, Quality, etc. as needed, participate in concept, peer and design reviews and the manufacture of engineering prototypes to ensure designs are manufacturable and robust.
- Support new product introduction including process development and validation, assembly sequence, manufacturing documentation, tooling design and development using Pro/E and 3D printing, operator training, sustainment and continuous improvement.
- Participate in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement activities including identifying, initiating and leading lean improvement projects to improve efficiency, quality and/or safety and reduce cycle time and cost, create value stream maps, utilize lean tools and concepts to help transform the manufacturing environment and culture.
- Support bid and proposal activities as needed, develop time estimates for assembly and test steps, develop estimates for manufacturing engineering NRE and support, author manufacturing and producibility plans to support proposals and customer reviews, develop comprehensive and supportable Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new proposals and customer analysis.
- Provide support to assembly operators on technical issues as they arise, provide training to operators on new products or processes as needed, create, update and maintain manufacturing documentation as needed.
- Research, recommend and support the purchase of new manufacturing equipment, support installation, start-up, validation and maintenance of new equipment, program, troubleshoot, maintain and support manufacturing equipment as needed, participate in the capital acquisition process as needed.
- Support AS9100, DCMA and internal quality audits, Investigate and initiate corrective actions for problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience in manufacturing environment or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles and methodology a plus
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD, Pro/E, Creo a plus.
- Technical writing ability is a plus.
- Technical knowledge of electronics and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) fabrication a plus.
- Technical knowledge of soldering, coating, and potting processes a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ability to present ideas and data to a group.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.