Fraud Awareness Message
Fraudsters have been known to attempt to use our name to trick job seekers with fake employment opportunities. This type of scam is normally carried out through fake websites, job postings, chat applications, or email accounts claiming to be from L3Harris. To help spot these scams, remember that during our formal recruitment process, L3Harris will NOT (1) ask you for money; (2) offer to send you a check before doing any work; (3) require you to provide sensitive personal information early in the process or sensitive information about your previous employer; (4) send you emails from free commercial services (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail).
If you have been contacted by anyone representing themselves as being from L3Harris and are concerned about their legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at staffing@L3Harris.com .
If you believe you have been scammed, contact local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here. L3Harris has no responsibility for fraudulent job offers and advises candidates to follow the guidance provided above.
Specialist, Material Management (Clifton, NJ)
Clifton, New JerseyJob ID SAS20220809-90139
What makes a successful Business and Operations team member at L3Harris?
Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
My favorite part of working for L3Harris is knowing that the parts that I procure go into products that help save lives.Lizzie, Procurement Associate, Rochester, NY
L3Harris Work Perks
- Medical with a High Deductible and traditional PPO plan options, as well as, vision and a full array of supplemental health benefits
- A doctors' service to help with referrals and second opinions for you, your family, and parents
- 4 weeks of paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Fertility treatment
- Subsidized backup childcare and eldercare
- Adoption assistance - $5,000 per adoption/$15,000 per employee
- Pet insurance
- No cap to your PTO time (for exempt employees)
- Dress for your day - wear what works for you at work
- Legal plan for you, your family, and parents
- Discount platform
- 9/80 work schedule available for most U.S. employees, effective October 24, 2022.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title: Material Management
Job Code: SAS20220809-90139
Job Location: Clifton NJ
- Program Management Support:
- Serve as the supply chain interface to the program team and align integrated supply chain resources and solutions with business needs.
- Chair material status meetings. Provide targeted information for review by program teams. Participate in supplier calls with procurement. Deliver presentations to large audiences (up to 20 ppl).
- Develop a financial forecast for material. Understand the link between financial forecast and earned value management (EVMS). Participate in estimate to complete (EAC) reviews with finance and engineering (EAC/ETC). Understand the different contract types.
- Maintain program material cost, delivery, and labor baseline including change requests.
- Support and/or lead the development of supply chain deliverables in support of NPD stage gate processes.
- Work with program to develop acceptable material schedules that encompass lead-times and operational queue times.
- Represent supply chain and provide input at gate reviews, EAC reviews and program reviews.
- Material Management:
- Load Master Production Schedule (MPS) and MRP (under general supervision).
- MPS maintenance and oversight; entry of item data and Bill of Material (BOM).
- Stage requirements in MRP to effectively align with the program execution, structure, and manage deliveries to milestones outlined in the integrated master schedule; yield zero aged unassigned requirements, minimal aged floor stock levels, and no material issuance without a demand.
- Manage timely and complete purchase requisition release to general procurement and subcontracts teams.
- Prioritize procurement expedite activities, kit, and floor shortages.
- Provide procurement support to facilitate purchase requisition to purchase order placement.
- Collaborate with Production Planning and Inventory/Warehouse/Logistics in the execution of the build plan.
- Expedite FMR and MTO approvals through the system.
- Develop management strategies for inventory not planned by MRP.
- Investigate root causes of all demand or transactional errors and receiving issues (RDR); resolve and facilitatecorrective actions.
- Monitor and respond to internal cross functional metric trends related to that indicate early risks of supply chain disruptions.
- Chair SCM program kick-off and prepare kick-off packages with guidance from MM staff.
- Accountable for program closeout of material related contractual obligations (e.g. deliveries and open commitments, subcontracts HFM, material account close-out, residual material disposition).
- Interact with immediate group leader, program office, cross functional peers, and cross functional leaders
- As the Supply Chain point of contact (POC) for the program team (all functions), ensure timely issue resolution for questions, requests, requirements, and concerns.
- Mentor others.
- Proposal Support:
- Responsible for proposal efforts for internal bids, Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM), or simple scope and complexity with Lead MM guidance; or assist with proposal efforts of greater scope and complexity, including the delivery and presentation of PCR content.
- Assist with the material bid process to accurately cost material. Report material elements of cost and outline proposed execution strategy with guidance. Develop Supply Chain labor basis of the estimate (BOE) with Lead MM oversight / guidance.
- Operational Excellence:
- Partner with supply chain data analytics to develop metrics and reports that enable visible and comprehensive materials management and status. Meet established performance metrics and fully understand each metric's source, purpose, and affect.
- Perform thorough supply chain risk and opportunity assessments; develop strategies in collaboration with Procurement, Subcontracts, Production Planning, Quality, Engineering, Finance, Program Management, and MM staff to mitigate cost and schedule risk.
- Audit support
- Refer to policies and practices for guidance and compliance. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate course of action. Interpret operational processes, practices and procedures of the job area for others.
- Use LEAN/Six Sigma, critical thinking, and analytical skills to participate in and/or lead strategic initiatives such as Continuous Improvement (e3), Materials Management Committee, Tiger Team, Kaizen.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to provide ideas for improvement and represent functional perspective.
- Propose sound and innovative business solutions that contribute to business unit success.
- Any other duties needed to deliver innovative solutions for our customers’ mission-critical challenges and abide by our organization’s values.
- Apply Supply Chain principles and concepts, basic application of strategy development and execution in compliance with FAR, MMAS, MAAR 13, and CAS.
- Basic understanding of how Supply Chain influences the annual operating plan to include demonstrated understanding of Supply Chain actions that influence orders, sales, profit, and cash flow.
- Solve problems of moderate complexity by leveraging experience and through analysis of data. Identify trends and correlations in Material Management data. Report findings with recommended actions.
- Thoroughly understands the use and purpose of MRP and supporting systems such as Control, Cognos, Excel, Peoplesoft Financials, and PDM. Determines the appropriate means of acquisition to support program needs. Understands Bills of Material (BOM) and engineering drawings.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide array of professional levels and functions.
- Can work independently with minimal guidance; identify required actions necessary to achieve assigned objectives.
- Eligible to obtain a clearance.
- Education / experience (Material Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Marketing, Operations Management or Business Management):
- Master’s Degree and 2+ years Material Management/relevant experience* or
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years Material Management/relevant experience* or
- 2 years post-Secondary/ AS Degree and 8+ years Material Management/relevant experience*
*Total relevant experience to be minimum 2 years in Material Management, and a combination of one or more of the following directly related to Supply Chain, MM, Material Planning, MRP/MPS, completed internship, coursework, or practical experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Clearance preferred/
- 8+ years of experience using MRP systems software.
- Advanced knowledge of Supply Chain principles and concepts, with basic application of strategy development and execution.
- Intermediate level of understanding of FAR, MMAS, MAAR 13 and CAS
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide array of professional levels and functions
- Experience working in the US DOD manufacturing industry.
- Understanding of industry principles, concepts, practices, and standards along with a basic knowledge of the manufacturing process.
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot tables, etc.
- Working knowledge of Kinaxis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.