Senior Trade Compliance Specialist
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Senior Trade Compliance Specialist – Clifton, NJ
Job Code: SAS20190509-33185
L3Harris, Space & Airborne Systems is seeking a qualified candidate to join the Harris Trade Compliance team as a Senior Specialist. This individual will provide subject matter expertise to the Electronic Warfare business sector. Reports to the Electronic Warfare Sector Trade Compliance Lead.
- Provides accurate and timely local subject matter expertise to business teams.
- Prepares, executes and manages ITAR and EAR export authorizations and records.
- Reviews and approves import/export documentation
- Reviews and updates Trade Compliance policies and procedures
- Facilitates foreign travel and foreign visitor approvals
- Investigates potential violations and collaborates with Trade Compliance management to prepare voluntary disclosures.
- Participates in the planning and execution of audits.
- Develops and deploys training.
- Manages denied party screening compliance.
- Completes annual SME training.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement.
- Business travel required: 10%
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4 plus years of import/export compliance experience, including working within ITAR and EAR compliance and U.S. Government regulations (e.g. FTR, OFAC, FAR).
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with OCR EASE, SNAP-R, DTrade and ACE.
- U.S. Security clearance (Secret) or the ability to obtain.
- Knowledgeable in Foreign Military Sales (FMS).
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface with personnel at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Exhibits a high attention to detail, integrity and discretion.
- An experienced leader, teambuilder and communicator.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.