Senior System Control Clerk - 2nd Shift
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Senior System Control Clerk - 2nd Shift
Job Code: SAS20202906-47128
Job Location: Clifton, N.J
- Responsible for performing the physical or administrative tasks supporting the shipping, receiving, storing, and distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment, rejecting unsatisfactory items where necessary.
- Receives incoming materials, unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices.
- Verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials to stated identifications.
- Maintains records of received goods, packing sheets, and other documents.
- Stocks and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines.
- Lifts heavy items and may operate material handling equipment such as pallet jacks, tow motors, forklifts, etc. upon receipt of internal certification.
- Knowledge of material handling procedures and Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Receives and verifies the accuracy and conditions of each shipment. Performs all stock keeping functions for raw materials, chemicals, office supplies, and other related materials.
- Performs picking and kitting per parts list. Verifies all related documentation for being accurate and up to date.
- Receives items and verifies against copies of purchase records or other records. Records purchase order number and date of receipt and adds quantity to previous balance of bin record cards.
- Receives requisitions for items in stockroom, secure correct materials, and issues to requesting department.
- Prepares Assembly Operation Control Book ensuring all relevant documentation is entered.
- Performs weekly purge of expendables in accordance with provided shelf life tracking sheets.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent with 0 to 4 years of prior related experience.
- Inventory Support Experience.
- Willing to work 2nd Shift.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be able to accommodate overtime nights/weekends and the potential to work second shift as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.